- Paperback: 600 pages
- Publisher: Charles River Media; Pap/Cdr edition (23 Sept. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1584503440
- ISBN-13: 978-1584503446
- Product Dimensions: 23.4 x 18.8 x 3.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,476,212 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
AI Game Engine Programming (Charles River Media Game Development) Paperback – 23 Sep 2004
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Brian Schwab (San Diego, CA) has been a game programmer for over ten years, and has held key positions as Gameplay and AI Programmer for both Angel Studios and DreamWorks Interactive. He currently acts as Senior AI Programmer for Sony Computer Entertainment.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This is a book on AI, the AI concepts and code can be implemented using any rendering API (or none at all) to visualize their activity. OpenGL and DirectX have as much to do with AI as car engine maintenance has to do with cooking a good lobster neuberg. The fact that the reviewer cannot make this distinction is sadly telling. Some people want all the work done for them. If you are that type, don't bother with programming.
Second, the reviewer who said that this book is too scattered is right. It tries to do too many things and ends up doing none of them extremely well. It does, however, have a few good code samples and can be used as an introductory book on the subject.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence
- Books > Computing & Internet > PC & Video Games
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Algorithms
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Games
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools