Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Feb 2013 11:26:02 GMT
Sean X says:
does this come with both english and japanese dubs?

Posted on 10 Mar 2013 10:48:02 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Mar 2013 10:48:20 GMT
Yes, this set contains the option of the English dub in 5.1 or the original Japanese audio (with subtitles) in stereo. On the blu-ray the settings can only be changed via the menus so you can only watch the Japanese version with subtitles, however they can be turned off manually on the DVD. Also, the title cards and credits have been replaced with English translations, although the episodes themselves are uncut.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2013 16:21:13 BDT
Zen says:
Hi Mr Taylor, I'm just thinking of buying this product and I was wondering if you could clarify points on the language:
a) When watching with Japanese audio, is there a function by which we can completely switch off the English subtitles?
b) Have the opening and ending songs been dubbed into English then? I grew up with Japanese audio for these songs, and I'm not sure I would buy the box set if they've been covered in English instead.
Any help at all will be much appreciated!

Posted on 3 Aug 2013 17:57:58 BDT
a) Yes the subtitles can be switched off, but only on the DVD version.
b) The theme songs are in Japanese on both audio tracks (the actual credit text is in English, but the audio and animation are unaltered).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  21 Feb 2013
Latest post:  3 Aug 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions