- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Energy: Production, Conversion, Storage, Conservation, and Coupling (Green Energy and Technology) Paperback – 22 Feb 2014
Save an extra 10% with Amazon Student*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Understanding the sustainable use of energy in various processes is an integral part of engineering and scientific studies, which rely on a sound knowledge of energy systems. Whilst many institutions now offer degrees in energy-related programs, a comprehensive textbook, which introduces and explains sustainable energy systems and can be used across engineering and scientific fields, has been lacking. Energy: Production, Conversion, Storage, Conservation, and Coupling provides the reader with a practical understanding of these five main topic areas of energy including 130 examples and over 600 practice problems. Each chapter contains a range of supporting figures, tables, thermodynamic diagrams and charts, while the Appendix supplies the reader with all the necessary data including the steam tables. This new textbook presents a clear introduction of basic vocabulary, properties, forms, sources, and balances of energy before advancing to the main topic areas of:
• Energy production and conversion in important physical, chemical, and biological processes,
• Conservation of energy and its impact on sustainability,
• Various forms of energy storage, and
• Energy coupling and bioenergetics in living systems.
A solution manual for the practice problems of the textbook is offered for the instructor. Energy: Production, Conversion, Storage, Conservation, and Coupling is a comprehensive source, study guide, and course supplement for both undergraduates and graduates across a range of engineering and scientific disciplines.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Energy Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Mechanics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Energy Engineering