- Looking to stay updated on Amazon's Trade & Professional selection? Sign up to the Trade & Professional Newsletter for the latest offers, updates and more.
This item, sold by Amazon, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free One-Day Delivery
- Instant streaming of thousands of films and TV shows
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Energenie Power Meter
|You Save:||£9.19 (54%)|
Order it now.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Measure the energy use and cost of running household appliances
- Discover which appliances are the worst energy offenders to lower your power bill
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Easy to use
- Allows for two different price/tariff inputs
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Simply plug it into a powered mains socket and then plug your appliance into it. The meter will monitor the e nergy usage of your appliance .
The Energy Saving Power Meter will measure the energy use (and calculate costs) of running household appliances.This helps you lower your power bill and reduce carbon emissions, as you discover which appliances are the worst energy offenders and then work out ways to limit their use. You can plug any 13 amp-rated household appliance into this power meter in plug adapter format to access its energy consumption and carbon footprint.
Look for similar items by category
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Regarding the screen's readability; this is easily remedied with a short in-line extension lead, which will allow you to pick up the device to read it, at whatever level you feel comfortable.
This is a reference device, which is useful for such applications as I described above. It doesn't make sense to use it as a permanent fixture as it does draw a small amount of power itself 0.5W. It is an excellent value device, which provides an ideal way to ascertain accurate energy usages over time.
Update, the product didn't last that long, a couple of years, I ended up buying another, different make and model
But.....he problems I have had are:-
1) It requires re-setting every time a different appliance is used. This looses the time and also the cost per kWh. I emailed the company who were very helpful and confirmed this.
2) The batteries supplied have nearly run down as the screen has started to fade more each time I use it.
3) The reset button (a tiny pointed object requires inserting in to a small hole to activate) has now dissappeared inside the casing (which has security screws so is not designed to be opened).
I will be sending it back.
I have had several bulbs "blow" in quick succession and so I wanted to check the voltage being delivered to my house. The reading was around 250 volts and, over several weeks, has stayed that way, sometimes reading as much as 253 volts and never less than 248 volts. 252 volts is at the limit of the permissible range before one can complain to the electricity company. So I thought I would check with a known-to-be-accurate multimeter. That read 230 volts - which is what it should be.
If the voltage reading is so badly out then just how accurate are the other readings? In other words, is it any use at all?
Other readings can be cleared by holding down the function key, but not the total energy used. This is a serious fault in the product as you have to reset everything [clock, cost per unit etc] every time you want to check a different electrical item. I should have read the product reviews before buying!
As others have said, the meter is almost impossible to read when plugged in, but it does retain the information when removed from the socket so that's not too much of a problem.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
First class bit of gear. I only use it to see how many watts each appliance is using as I have solar electricity This tells me how much I am usingPublished 13 days ago by davey
I bought this to check how many watts or Kw items were using and for that it's done it's job. Only 4x stars because the display needs a backlight! Read morePublished 26 days ago by PaulH
I don't use this for anything fancy - just plug it in and press the buttons until I can see power being used in Watts or KwH consumed. Very useful. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mnason