Have one to sell?
Encyclopedia of Laser Physics and Technology Hardcover – 22 Oct 2008
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Note: This item is eligible for click and collect. Details
Pick up your parcel at a time and place that suits you.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This authoritative two–volume encyclopedia helps to master the large variety of physical phenomena and technological aspects involved in laser technology and the wider field of photonics. Besides explaining in detail the physical principles and common techniques of laser operation, it also addresses such supplementary topics as ultrashort pulses, optical communications, optoelectronics, general optics, and quantum optics. References to selected scientific articles and textbooks aid readers in their further studies, and the cross–disciplinary approach makes this encyclopedia of huge benefit to a wide audience in industry, government, and academic research.
About the Author
Rüdiger Paschotta is an internationally recognized expert in areas such as lasers and amplifiers, nonlinear optics, fiber technology, ultrashort pulses, and noise in optics. He originally gained this expertise during a successful academic career, and later founded RP Photonics Consulting, providing services to companies within the photonics industry mostly in Europe and the United States. Dr. Paschotta thus combines the detailed expertise of a scientist with the practical sense of someone working mainly on industrial projects.
There are no customer reviews yet.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Applied Optics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics