Have one to sell?
The Oxford Encyclopedia of Medieval Warfare and Military Technology (Set of 3) Hardcover – 1 Jun 2010
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The focus on warfare allows the editors to offer larger entries on major topics (e.g., "Agincourt," "Crusades," "Feudalism") and introduce many complementary topics...particularly suited to research libraries. Highly recommended."--CHOICE
About the Author
Clifford J. Rogers is a professor in the department of history at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and serves as joint editor for the Journal of Medieval Military History, the annual journal of the Society for Medieval Military History.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
By C. B. Hanley on 1 Sept. 2010
Format: HardcoverComment Sending feedback...
This three-volume work is unbelievably detailed: it covers a wide geographical and chronological range, and deals not just with battles and weapons, but also with people, concepts, historiography, culture and more. It's a bit on the expensive side but you certainly couldn't find a better reference work. Highly recommended for anyone who is serious about the study of medieval warfare.
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
By Frank Devones - Published on Amazon.com
Fine history.3 bulky volumes to deal with and maps spread out over the 3 volumes are the only drawbacks in my view.certainly if you can buy it for 70-80 (like i did) then dont miss out.
4 of 15 people found the following review helpful
By R. Berlin - Published on Amazon.com
THE OXFORD ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MEDIEVAL WARFARE AND MILITARY TECHNOLOGY is the 2011 Society for Military History Distinguished Book Award winner for military history reference.
Were these reviews helpful? Let us know
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Anglo-Saxon 500-1000
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Black Death
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Norman and Medieval 1001-1500
- Books > History > Europe > Vikings, Dark Ages, Medieval Europe 501-1500
- Books > History > Military History > Encyclopaedias & Pictorials
- Books > History > Military History > Weapons & Warfare
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > History of Engineering & Technology
- Books > History > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > History > World History > 501-1500
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Weapons
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence