- Paperback: 976 pages
- Publisher: OUP Oxford; 2 edition (10 Sept. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0199567999
- ISBN-13: 978-0199567997
- Product Dimensions: 20.8 x 5.7 x 26.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (17 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 479,323 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The Encyclopedia of Mammals Paperback – 10 Sep 2009
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
It is amazingly comprehensive...quite remarkable value. (BRISC)
Illustrated with beautiful and new photographs, this pleasant book is not only intended for mammalogists but it can also be read by beginners or non-specialists. (Mammalia)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This is, most definitely, a must buy for anyone interested in mammals and I have to say that I am absolutely delighted with it.
This third, completely updated, edition is definitely the best book on mammals you can buy for this money.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
very informative and educational
it wasn't the encyclopaedia that I wanted
but I still find it very useful
This book is all you need to consult about any mammal. Really good pictures and drawings. Actuallized, rigorous, and big enough.Published on 3 Jan. 2014 by Samuel
Great book, great images, amazing info! would definitely recommend this books, i use it all the time for my uni assignmentsPublished on 14 Dec. 2013 by Nicola Read
This is an truly amazing book, considering the price, many useful informations for the layman as well as professionals. Buy itPublished on 2 Oct. 2013 by Rob
Great value for money, tonnes of information
This is not an easy read so i would only recommend it to those who are truly interested in learning about mammal evolution,... Read more
an excellent reference book for students and study but would recommend to anyone interested in mammals. good pictures and easy to use as a reference book.Published on 27 Nov. 2012 by Neil Flockhart
This is an excellent comprehensive and readable reference book. It is full of ,'Well I didn't know that'. Read morePublished on 2 July 2012 by N. Matthews
My brother has this book which is very informative about mammals.I like the fact that a lot of the pictures are next to a human for scale. Read morePublished on 22 April 2011 by firstname.lastname@example.org
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Animal Care & Pets
- Books > Reference > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Mammals
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Mammals
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences