Customer reviews

Colour: sunburst|Change

on 4 May 2011
First of all, i'm not really knowledgeable in anything about what guitars are good or anything like that and im completly new to all this but from a begginers point of view, i have to say that this is one hell of a package. it comes with everything you would need in terms of getting started, some spare strings, a booklet of some songs to play and an awesome DVD that you can watch multiple times until you have the basics down. the DVD is an in depth look at the basics and has examples of styles and play along sections, it shows you how to tune a bass, how to play a couple of songs, scales, chords etc. for anyone like me who wants a package to lay the groundwork for your intrest in music that is affordable i would definetly recomend this. i've only been playing a day and so far i know how to read tabs, play basic tunes and tune a bass.
on 1 May 2014
Overall was a nice set up. When it came to putting away after the first play session, we noticed it just would not go into the Kinsman Bass Guitar bag!. The "Elephants Ear tuning keys" just are too huge to get it to zip up to the top! We tried facing it both ways and it just would not go in very disappointing my son cannot take it to school until we find a suitable bass guitar bag to handle these huge tuning keys.
(Also this guitar works great with Rocksmith 2014 both PC and XBOX 360 versions.)
on 4 June 2011
I am really glad I purchased this bass, it is a solid, enjoyable instrument that I hope to get many many years out of. There is not much more I can say apart from if you're looking for a simple, enjoyable bass then I recommend this. I particulary liked that it comes with a stand - now it is presented proudly in my room whenever I'm not busy playing it. It also comes with a strap, pick for those who don't use their fingers, a case and dvd.
Highly recommended.
on 29 November 2010
Complete kit delivered in one neat box. Bought this for my husband's Christmas. It arrived today (with free delivery to Spain an added bonus) and in perfect condition. Full size Bass Guitar looks good with two pick ups and shiny body. Good sound too. Amplifier excellent for house practice and a useful earphone socket. I'm sure sny budding bass player would be very happy with this.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2011
I bought this on behalf of my father as a Christmas present for my 12-year-old son Thomas, who has just started showing an interest in my own instruments. I let Thomas choose which finish he wanted (a choice of black, white or sunburst) and when he opened the box on Christmas Day it did not disappoint.

The bass is generally nicely made and finished. The back of the maple(?) neck is satin-finished as is the custom these days, and the rosewood-ish fretboard is fitted with 20 well-finished frets and pearl dot markers. The headstock is a slightly plump version of the Fender original (presumably in order to prevent legal action) and carries the requisite "elephant-ear" machine heads, string tree and truss-rod adjustment access.

The body of the bass is made from fairly light wood - possibly basswood - and is neatly finished in a traditional 3-colour gloss sunburst. You can see where the body is contoured that it is solid wood rather than ply. There are a couple of tiny dents on the back, but these clearly occurred before the finish was applied. The hardware is fairly standard - a chrome bridge with four adjustable saddles, a black split-coil pickup, and a volume and tone control and output jack, all mounted on a 3-ply white scratchplate. The bass is fitted with round-wound strings, and a spare set is included, a nice and unexpected bonus.

The 10-watt mains-only amplifier is small and basic (with volume, bass, middle and treble controls), but provides ample volume and bass response for practice or jamming, and above all has a headphone socket!

The package includes a fitted soft case with a large pocket on the front, a cheap but adequate jack lead and strap, a clip-on chromatic digital tuner, a useful guitar stand and a plectrum, plus a "teach yourself" DVD. This is a fantastic outfit offering great value for money, and Thomas is thrilled with it.

So why do I wish that this set had existed in 1976? Because back then (when I was 15) something like this (if it even existed), would have saved me the time and effort of building my own (not very good) bass and amp from scratch! It'll be nice to have another bass player in the family...
on 1 June 2011
I purchased this product for my birthday; ordering it on the Saturday, with its arrival on the Tuesday. It came well packaged, undamaged and with a spare set of strings. As a drummer, I can't profess to have abundant knowledge of bass guitars, but it looks nice, sounds good and came quickly; which is exactly what I wanted. It was also quite cheap and the pack included everything one needs to begin playing. Thus, I can conclude that this product is indisputably worth buying for any individual who believes he might try himself out on the bass.
on 26 March 2013
7 or so years ago, i started to play bass, then i stopped, recently i got the bug to play again, so i bought this kit, its unbelievable value for money, the amp is small but it has nuts the size of Godzilla ( so to speak ) the pack contains strung bass, extra set of strings, pick, leads, amp, stand, dvd, help guide, tuner and gig bag. you want to start playing bass? Buy this, and be on your way to stardom!

*instant results not guaranteed, requires willpower and dedication, actual results may vary.
on 17 February 2012
I bought this as a beginners kit having previously attempted to play an electric guitar and an acoustic guitar. I was unsuccessful with these guitars because of the size of my hands. The guitar is very nice and well made and I am progressing well playing it. The kit comes with everything to get going but the amp is very small and is ony really suitable for playing with headphones. I have now bought a Laney Richter RB2 30W Combo Amp and am very pleased with it.
on 12 February 2013
As a new Bass guitar player I am bowled over with the quality, good value and the super quick delivery of this product. I have already played two gigs with it and am due to do another two this week. (I think bass guitarists must be in demand!) I hope to have many more hours and times of pleasure with it, both playing along to my favourite tracks at home (practise) and helping out bands locally!
on 16 August 2012
This is definitely a value for money product and a good buy as in my case it was for a person to start learning bass. All key basic things are provided especially the ery usefull tuner (and it works) and the stand for the guitar. The sound and dynamics of the bass are quite surprising given the price and more than adequate for a learning stage.
Only complain about packaging since as we took out the guitar one of the chord handles was bent and loose from its support requiring some pliers and handywork to get in back in place not damaged.