Emu Women's Stinger Lo Snow Boots, Beige (Chestnut), 5 UK
Size: 5 UK|Colour: Brown (Chestnut)|Change

on 10 November 2015
Do not by as these are fake! Look out for these points when buying!

1. Don't feel as heavy to start off with, people who have previously had EMU boots will understand the heaviness of the boot but it's a good heavy as it shows the thickness and quality of the emu sheepskin in comparison to UGG.
2. The suede is very bad quality, the boots that I received had scuff marks and small pinprick marks in.
4. The band of the top of the EMU boot should have emu written all the way around, these ones don't as they are fake.
5.  Very poor quality of stitching, and the lines of the suede aren't level or straight.
6. The standard EMU badge is brown and is stitched on after the boot is made so it sticks out from the boot, the pair I received the badge was grey and was already in the boots as a pose to been a real EMU badge.
7. The soles are less than half the thickness they should be. My old EMU which are 2 years old are in a lot better quality even after 2 years wear out of them.
8. The bottom of the boot has imperfections and marks on as a pose to a real perfect EMU.
9. There is no tag around the top of the boot I received which real EMU boots have on all styles of boot.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
14 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 2 October 2016
Emu boots were always my first choice in the winter months for several reasons. However, with the newer ones & re design these reasons have vanished.

So here is the downside to these now:
The sole is now flat, there is no support like the old ones.
The leather/fur is a lot thinner on these. When putting them on, make sure you hold the actual boot & not the trim on top or you will pull the fabric trim right off the boot.
The fit is alot tighter now, so you may struggle to get your feet in.
The shoe size is more true, on some a half size to small. I bought a 5 & it feels more like a 4.5
The insole is not re-movable & flattens very quickly.

For me I find if on my feet in these, my feet start to hurt, as they are so flat & no cushioning under my foot. The old versions were so comfortable & warm, unfortunately these ones are not.

For me these have become expensive slippers.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 November 2016
As a previous reviewer has stated, I wonder if these boots are fake. I chose them as I preferred the colour to those currently available on EMU's website, thinking they were perhaps last season's stock.
We have 4 pairs of EMU stinger boots in our house, 2 bought from EMU, & 2 via Amazon previously - all of which are identical in terms of stitching branding, emu branding on the soles, thickness of soles, & the emu tag at the side of the top of the boot.
These do not have the emu stitching around the top, the branding on the soles is in tiny font & must feature at least 20 words, whereas the others have much larger font & around 10 words. There is no emu tag at the top of the boot.
I understand that designs change, so perhaps they are genuine - I guess that unless you buy direct from the company, you will never get that guarantee.
3 people found this helpful
on 18 September 2013
THINK BEFORE YOU SPEND such a lot of money and read the second half of my review. Oh what a great treat for me. I chose a size smaller as advised in one of the many reviews and they are rarely off my feet. I did treat them with protective spray before I went out just to make sure they are protected from the rain and dirt.. Perfect....... HOWEVER, I bought these boots and was delighted until, after just A FEW MONTHS WEAR, they developed a small hole on the right foot at the tip. ( I had noticed that the leather was quite flimsy at the toe ends also the wool on the the inner soles was skimpy,but chose to ignore the fact, believing that I had bought a quality, far superior make of boot that would stand the test of time! For the price paid, I expected them to last a lot longer than a regular fashion/high street boot and be more durable! I hadn't been rambling or trekking, hiking, jogging or gardening, just plain padding around locally, mostly by transport. I have paid far less for other well known brands of boot that are at least 10 years old and still in good condition. I was so disappointed with their attitude and with the outcome and feel really cheated.
on 5 November 2015
Love these! I have always worn emus for years, right through the year! I buy all my emus from amazon, they are the geniune article. These are lovely chocolate brown ones, lovely fit , quality, and an excellant price. If you got kids go for the emu little creatures range, they are fab for the little ones, pull on pull off, no laces, buckles , and pure comfort and warmth ! I will definately be buying more. Personally I much prefer emus to uggs! The whole shape of emus to me is nicer, I.e. The toe shape is more rounder, they seem to be better at resisting stains, and you will never ever get that heel collapse look with emus!!! We all love emus!!!!
on 8 November 2015
I bought the Stinger Hi boots quite a few years ago & this time I went for the Lo. The reason being they were a very affordable price & I only wear them in the house preferring them to slippers. I knew from the Hi boots that they are a little tight at first [& I have a high instep & wide feet] but soon there is give & blissful comfort & warmth. Also no need for socks & because they are sheepskin they never smell. No really they don't! Love them.
on 9 January 2014
I have a few pairs of Uggs, but no sheepskin boots the height of the Emu Stinger Lo--saw them for £70 on Amazon, so decided to try them--all I can say is thank heavens that free returns were offered!! I've never experienced a fit like this before--tight in the toe, yet enormously gapping in the heel. I tried them with and without socks--they pulled my socks right off, and without socks, I felt that it was probably likely that I would walk right out of the boots. I would recommend that potential buyers check out Uggs--some of the new styles are much more contoured, and fit like a glove. These Emus felt cheap, and I think when the fleece beds down, the looseness created would mean that they would be more or less unwearable
on 5 January 2015
These boots were not as expected. The quality as imagined being emu would be good but these were poor hence the one star. As advertised there should have been a removable insole, there was none. The quality of the boot inside was also poor and I could feel the hard sole. There was no tag on top of boot as described. Overall even at sale price I did not think these we're worth the price. Are these genuine or an older style? I have seen better quality at my local supermarket.
3 people found this helpful
on 30 March 2012
I had hesitated to buy a pair of these for some time, as i have a pair of WLM and a couple of pairs of bearpaw boots - what attracted me to the stinger was the arch support,as although my WLM's are a fantastic snug fitting boot, they have no arch support and as i have high arches my feet ache a little if i wear them all day. I ordered the chestnut,and was very impressed with the quality, lovely sheepskin, good length and the arch support i wanted. I am a 4.5 so ordered the 4 and although the boots were really comfortable to wear, i found that like a few other reviwers that they slipped up and down when i tried to walk in them - after much debate i decided i would have to return them as when they bed down i think the problem may get worse.
If there are any other size 4.5 ladies out there that found a good fit, what size did you buy? did the slipping stop after a while? I am tempted to try another pair to see if they vary slightly - what do you recomend?
on 21 November 2012
I have owned these boots for about 3 years now. I have previously owned UGGS too. I practically live in my boots and when I was at university I wore these everyday, in rain, snow - everything. The sole never wore out (like it does on uggs), and they never leaked. They last and last and last - I still have the same pair 3 years on and have never treated them with any kind of spray. The best thing about these in comparison to UGGS is that they offer much better ankle support, and a hugely more advanced sole. It is very strong and doesn't wear out, not even for me who scuffs my feet all the time! In my opinion these are a much better made shoe and are 100% worth the money.