on 24 August 2013
I loved this book, it was different enough from other paranormal books out there to really hook you in....and I'm glad that the quickness was explained because I was bothered by that most of the way through.

That all being said I'm not rushing out to buy the next one as I feel quite happy with the way the book ended which is not to say I won't read it but it was kinda mostly a neat ending. Shame as it was such a good book and I loved all the supporting characters too especially the cats!!
on 27 June 2013
Editing leaves a little to be desired, but does not distract from the story, the disjointed narrative does, sometimes I had to read a page a couple of times thinking I had missed a bit... I would have been a lot more unforgiving if I had paid for this....
on 2 August 2015
Good book that kept you reading. This can be read as a stand alone book as it has an ending, although there are more books in the series
on 4 September 2013
I really liked this book at the start. Then it just got...boring, really. I thought this book would have been awesome without Claire. I hate to say but she was probably the worst main character ever. She was always making mistakes and I hate how she was portrayed as weak. I found it sad that she became so dependent on James. Overall, it was an okay read with a really annoying main character.
on 12 September 2014
Was disappointed, hadn't realised it was sci-fi/fantasy. Was actually looking for a story written by an Empath that could share their experiences. The rating doesn't reflect the quality of the book as I didn't read it all, just my disappointment for getting it wrong which could only have been led by the synopsis.
on 30 August 2013
At first, I purchased this e-book because it was free, but as soon as I started reading it, I couldn't stop. The story is so captivating, and I absolutely love it. The connected between Claire and James is so beautiful, that when I read the various parts where she believed she was going to die, it actually brought tears to my eyes, much to the amusement of my siblings and mother. I would recommend it to anyone who loves enchanting love stories, because this defiantly is one!
on 22 September 2014
It was a good read although some of it was predictable, it was an interesting start to this Trilogy.
One person found this helpful
on 28 December 2013
... but i loved it, didnt want to put it down. well written and engaging, yet light at the same time. really recommend this and look forward to reading the rest of the trilogy!
on 3 August 2014
excellent book loved it really enjoy these books recommend this book to all my friends and family
on 8 December 2014
Awesome! I don't normally read more things like this but it was actually brilliant! I'm glad I read this book so I gave five stars