- Amazon Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Emotionally Intelligent Social Worker Paperback – 25 Apr 2008
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'It is exciting to see what David Howe has been up to! Written by a highly regarded 'thinker' and writer within the social work field, this book is well structured and comprehensive in its coverage. Readers will get something from the book which will help not only their professional, but also their personal lives.' - Viv Cree, The University of Edinburgh
'This is a delightful treasure of a book. It will appeal to practitioners from a wide range of helping professions because it gets to the core of what it means to be a feeling human engaged in helping relationships. It brilliantly sensitises us to the nature and function of the emotions and how emotionally attuned interventions can help service users to have better lives and similarly enriches the self-understanding of social workers, therapists, counsellors and support workers themselves. A truly loveable book.' - Harry Ferguson, University of West of England
'This book is a welcome start in exploring the significance of emotion in social work.' - Angela Shaw, Professional Social Work
"It is exciting to see what David Howe has been up to! Written by a highly regarded `thinker' and writer within the social work field, this book is well structured and comprehensive in its coverage. Readers will get something from the book which will help not only their professional, but also their personal lives."See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I feel that this may be the beauty of this book, I can refer back to it throughout my studies and future career to remind myself of the important factors required of an emotionally intelligent social worker.
It is easy to understand and very readable.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
i found this reference book very valuable and it was fantastic value .
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Neuropsychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Emotions
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology