Emerging Technologies for 3D Video: Creation, Coding, Transmission and Rendering Hardcover – 17 May 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
With the expectation of greatly enhanced user experience, 3D video is widely perceived as the next major advancement in video technology. In order to fulfil the expectation of enhanced user experience, 3D video calls for new technologies addressing efficient content creation, representation/coding, transmission and display.
Emerging Technologies for 3D Video will deal with all aspects involved in 3D video systems and services, including content acquisition and creation, data representation and coding, transmission, view synthesis, rendering, display technologies, human perception of depth and quality assessment.
- Offers an overview of key existing technologies for 3D video
- Provides a discussion of advanced research topics and future technologies
- Reviews relevant standardization efforts
- Addresses applications and implementation issues
- Includes contributions from leading researchers
The book is a comprehensive guide to 3D video systems and services suitable for all those involved in this field, including engineers, practitioners, researchers as well as professors, graduate and undergraduate students, and managers making technological decisions about 3D video.
About the Author
Frédéric Dufaux, Télécom Paris Tech, CNRS, France
Béatrice Pesquet–Popescu, Télécom Paris Tech, FranceMarco Cagnazzo, Télécom Paris Tech, France
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Algorithms
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Television Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering