Have one to sell?
Emergency Care of Children and Young People Paperback – 22 May 2007
See all 2 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
Note: This item is eligible for click and collect. Details
Pick up your parcel at a time and place that suits you.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Publisher
* Clear comprehensive guide to all aspects of nursing care of the child in the A&E setting
* Presents clear guidelines for practice
* Provides the evidence required to underpin effective practice
* Covers core concepts and addresses ethical and legal issues, e.g. consent and child protection
* Includes case studies and scenarios
From the Back Cover
Children and young people account for a quarter of all patients treated in emergency departments in the UK, with three million children attending emergency departments every year. Emergency Care of Children and Young People prepares practitioners for the challenges of caring for children in emergency departments. Children requiring emergency care have unique and differing needs and may not respond or cooperate during an initial assessment as an adult would.
Emergency Care of Children and Young People is an essential reference for all health care professionals working with children in the emergency department setting. It explores the key skills needed for effective care and presents the evidence which underpins effective practice in an accessible and informative format. Emergency Care of Children and Young People covers a complete range of topics including legal and ethical aspects, minor injuries, major trauma, effective ways to communicate with children through the use of play and distraction, meningitis and resuscitation.See all Product description