on 10 January 2011
This is truly a feast for the eye. Divided into sections based around colour tones every photograph gives clear and exciting imagery for the embroiderer to draw from. Each project shows clearly what is required to complete it and the variety of fabric and thread used offers a wealth of information which could be taken and used in personal work. All the stitches used are explained in clear detail and there are outline drawings of the projects which can be copied for transfer. My favourites are the wonderful 3d fig and the amazing pomegranate.... or perhaps the agapanthus.... too many to choose from. I will use this book over and over again. Well worth having for anyone interested in 3d textile work.
8 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 18 October 2011
This gorgeous book arrived today and I have hardly put it down since. It is a while since I did any serious embroidery but the three dimensional aspect of this book really appealed and I am not disappointed. I am not sure that it is a book for a complete beginner through there are one of two projects that are relatively easy and a few which I think are wonderful but would be worried as to whether I could actually manage them. The stitch dictionary at the back is very helpful and well laid out but, again, would someone with NO experience be able to make sense of it- not so sure. I have already earmarked a couple of projects I am keen to start - the beautiful burgundy passion flower for one - and my daughter, who has done very little sewing at all, is also keen to have a go at the dragonflies and butterflies. So....the book is stunning, the illustrations superb and the inspiration - priceless..... Really pleased I decided to buy this book.
on 31 July 2011
This book should give you the inspiration to try 3D embroidery and explore the use of threads.
Lesley and Nikki have produced a book with tons of new ideas. I hope you enjoy using this book as much as I do.
on 7 January 2015
Great book.
on 1 June 2010
There are some really beautiful, inspirational images in this book and it covers a lot of techniques. But, for an embroidery beginner, I found that the projects are much too difficult (even the easier ones).

Although there are stitch diagrams, they are not very clear and it would be necessary to learn how to do the stitches elsewhere before approaching any of the projects.

You will also need a well-equipped sewing basket with many different types of threads/wools/yarns, ribbons, needles. Gauge 28 wire is used a lot, as well as an embroidery hoop and anti-fray glue.

Even though this book is aimed at experienced embroiderers, I still think it was a good buy and have taken a few ideas from it, which I can incorperate into my own work.
13 people found this helpful
on 25 March 2009
I was really impressed with this book - some of the ideas are just stunning. It's divided up into "colour" inspirations, with clear diagrams and instructions. There are lots of more contempory designs that can be used just as they are or adapted to fit with your own designs.
23 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2009
I was so impressed with this beautiful book, stunning designs, full of ideas - so different from the norm. A section of colour co-ordinated work & design templates has proved very usefull.

As an experienced needlewoman I learned even more I will recommend it to my students - go on, buy it for yourself, you will be delighted.
24 people found this helpful
on 9 June 2009
what a great book, and good price, the pictures are a joy to behold,precise details,and drawings i am sure alot of thought went into writing this book, cannot wait to get started.
18 people found this helpful
on 9 August 2010
Very well written and packed with ideas, clear diagrams and good photography coupled with precise instructions. An excellent springboard for developing your own designs as well as working their projects.
3 people found this helpful
on 6 February 2010
Very nice book for those who want to try to do those great embroiders. Recomend
3 people found this helpful