on 25 September 2013
This is an inspirational book. It covers four different techniques: traditional, silk ribbon, raised and textured, and beadwork. The book is bursting with colourful illustrations showing how to use these techniques. There are beautiful pictures of items that have been embellished such as bags, pillows, purses, needle cases and wall hangings. The stitches are very well illustrated and there is comprehensive information on materials, finishing, everything you need to know. What I like particularly is the way stitches that I have used in a very boring way in the past are used in new combinations of colour and texture which transformed them almost beyond recognition. This book offers exciting projects but also inspiration to have a go at producing your own designs.
on 12 October 2013
I love this book, it has lots of illustrations of many embroidery stitches and also has a good selection of projects for both the beginner and the more experienced embroiderer. The pictures and illustrations are excellent. So glad I bought it, would heartily recommend it.
on 17 March 2017
I bought this booking hoping to find lots of patterns. This was not the case however I found so many stitches I've never used before also there is full picture tutorials, which made it very easy to learn. I recommend this book if you need advise and tutorial.
on 29 September 2015
Excellent reference book.
on 4 November 2013
A brilliant book, well written and lavishly illustrated with clear diagrams & full colour photos. It puts in a nutshell four very different but equally interesting techniques in embroidery. I thought I would only be interested in the ribbon embroidery component, but now I'm inspired to try the other three!
on 12 September 2013
This gives lots of information on techniques. It is not the most visually exciting book but it does provide guidance and ideas about how to develop your work.
on 30 August 2013
A beautiful collection of ideas, stitches and ornamentation. Not so happy with the tables of requirements for each project. Think it would have been better to but a paper book rather than kindle. Can't check two pages at once i.e. picture/ diagram and lists/ stitches. Kindle edition definitely not so good. Disappointed.
on 14 April 2014
I love working with thread and fabric - this book has renewed my passion for embroidery. The book is filled with so many brilliant, beautiful and unusual ideas I'm going to have to go without sleep so that I can try them all. What a fabulous book! If you fancy having a go at embroidery - get this book.
on 21 October 2014
Fantastic book, exactly what it says. Love the uses of sewing with ribbon, so lovely to have the printed version rather than a Kindle download. I love that this book is offered to Kindle and non-Kindle owners. So clear to read, it will be good reference for all.
on 4 May 2015
What a brilliant book. So good I bought another one to lend to friends - I was not going to let my copy out of my sight! The projects are really good and adaptable. Clear diagrams and explanations of the stitches used for each technique.