Embedded Design with the PIC18F452 Paperback – 5 Aug 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
John Peatman's latest microcontroller work focuses on Microchip Technology's PIC18FXXX family, and its newest member, the PIC18F452. The enhanced instruction set and addressing modes simplify program code development, and the on-chip resources make this the most powerful PIC microcontroller ever.
Its flash program memory and built-in background debug mode provide internal programming/debugging support of program development. The presentation style throughout this book is to introduce the reader to simple programs that encompass features of the PIC18F452, plus interactions with I/0 devices, providing the reader with a smooth and quick learning process for creatively writing enhanced application code. Hundreds of figures give visual support to the text. Examples, end-of-chapter problems, suggested lab projects, complete designs, plus a QwikFlash development board support a "learning by doing" environment.
About the Author
John B. Peatman is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology. He is the author of five earlier digital design, microprocessor, and microcontroller textbooks. He is also a director with the Intelligent Systems Corporation. His current research interests include the design of low-cost development tools for microcontrollers. Professor Peatman is a Fellow of the IEEE.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
If you do the sample projects throughout the book, they really help you better understand most of the facilities of the PIC.
One thing to note is that the book is written for a semester long college course though I think it's doable for self-study if you have at least some background with PICs. It even provides a PCB on the back cover whereby you can build your own board (I think you can order a package from digikey that has all the parts you need to build one) to run your code on.
The code examples are well written with text that explains the code and strategy behind it. The author has taken the time to fully explain the many
aspects of microcontroller design, pitfalls to avoid and methods to get around the limitations of an 8-bit micro. The book is down to earth but challenges you at the same time. I found the hardware data in the book to also be of great value. I highly recommend the book to any student or engineer serious about learning PIC microcontrollers. Kudos to John Peatman.
+ If you want a "cut & paste" book to get thru a rough spot & finish a project that is due, you'll be disappointed.
+ If you want to understand what you are doing so that you can apply your skills better, you'll like it. No free lunch, remember?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Architecture & Microprocessors
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Systems Analysis & Design
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Hardware
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Skills & Design > Industrial Design
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Engineering Skills & Design