Elusive Stability: Essays in the History of International Finance, 1919 - 1939 (Studies in Macroeconomic History) Paperback – 12 Jan 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
' … new, impressive, and illuminating collection of essays from Professor Eichengreen … His method of argument is rigorous and detached; and the algebra is happily not allowed to overwhelm the sense.' Douglas Jay, Financial Times
'This elegant and useful book belongs on the shelf of all serious students of twentieth-century monetary and financial history.' Journal of Interdisciplinary History
'This book is well written … No other modern work covers this subject. A student with some knowledge of international finance could follow the argument even without the mathematical and statistical background required to evaluate the models that summarize the basic argument of each chapter.' Choice
This volume provides a new interpretation of the operation and macroeconomic repercussions of the international monetary system during the interwar years. Each of the eleven essays is explicitly concerned with the role of exchange rates in macroeconomic fluctuations from the American and European perspective. The final essay examines the interwar experience from a long-term perspective.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > International Economics > Finance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > International Finance