Elliott and Quinn: English Legal System Hardcover – 24 Apr 2008
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
'Looking at the web provisions have been a revelation. These together with the comprehensive material contained in the book, make this an excellent resource for students and lecturers alike.'
Dr Glenys Williams, Lecturer, University of Aberystwyth
This best-selling book on the English legal system, now in its ninth edition, is a trusted and authoritative introduction to the legal system of England and Wales, used and appreciated by many generations of students. The legal system is continually evolving and this book gives you a lively, clear and comprehensive explanation of this dynamic subject. It also offers critical analysis of the existing laws and discussion of reform options, necessary for a good appreciation of the subject.
· Clear explanation of the subject with diagrams and photographs will provide you with a solid foundation for further learning.
· Over eighty questions and answer guidelines in the book and on the mylawchamber website, alongside a chapter with guidelines on how to answer law exam questions, will help you to hone your exam performance.
- Short summaries in each chapter will help you to remember the key concepts for revision purposes.
- Useful further reading and internet references will help guide your research in the subject, and achieve a deeper understanding.
This book is revised annually to ensure that you can rely on the most up-to-date content. This new edition has been updated throughout with new and relevant case law and legislation. Recent important changes to the law have been fully analysed, including:
- Changes to the legal profession following the Legal Services Act 2007.
- The creation of a Ministry of Justice.
- The reform of the tribunal system with the passing of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007.
Do you want to give yourself a head start come exam time?
Visit www.mylawchamber.co.uk/elliottquinnels to access interactive exercises to test yourself on topics covered in the book, updates to major changes in the law to make sure you know the latest developments, and more.
Also includes a range of teaching support materials to help lecturers to teach the subject including a new testbank of multiple choice questions.
About the authors
Catherine Elliott is a qualified Barrister and Senior Lecturer in Law at City University. She has extensive experience of teaching law. Frances Quinn is an award-winning journalist, with a particular interest and experience in law.
About the Author
Catherine Elliott is a qualified Barrister and Lecturer in Law at City University. She has extensive experience of teaching law.
Frances Quinn is an award-winning journalist, with a particular interest and experience in law.
Top customer reviews
who were studying, 10 of us obtained an A grade, 3 a B grade and 2 a C. Obviously we all worked hard and revised, but it was this book that made revision so much easier. I just wish that Elliot and Quinn wrote all Law books!
Most recent customer reviews
reading the other reviews. Good buy.
Look for similar items by category