Customer reviews

on 27 July 2015
Another brilliant read from ruth saberton , read 3 books , dead romantic , katy carter wants a hero , & ellie Anderson has second thoughts, really don't know which is the best because they are all brilliant, runaway summer next & im sure it will just the same ,
on 24 November 2013
This book was fantastic. I bought it after realising that the author of this book was a local one and I was amazed at the level of writing. A brilliant book with excellent characters and plotline. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
on 11 November 2013
Such an easy read, giving you the ability to switch off from your own mundane life and step into a world you wish was yours for a short time. One complaint - I finished far too quickly because it was so good I was hooked! Really good value for money, perfect read for when on holiday, the tube, the bus, at the dentist, the doctors .....
on 7 September 2014
I have read all her books and they are hilarious - you won't be disappointed!
on 14 October 2015
Once again, laugh out loud funny. Very easy read and very entertaining.
on 30 June 2015
Ruth's books always draw you in ,funny,sad,very predictable, but I like that, real people going through I'm sure things we have all faced, fantastic nearly read all her books, bring on more!
on 23 February 2013
This book is perfect for an easy, feel good read, just right to wind down with at the end of the day :)
on 7 June 2011
I read Ruth Saberton's previous novel 'Katy Carter Wants A Hero' at the beginning of the year and really enjoyed it, so I was very much looking forward to getting stuck into this one.

Ellie Andrews is the main character in this book. She is fun, and is a character that comes to life on the pages, while being the type of person you wish you had in your life. We are also introduced the Ellie's family, including her sisters and her parents, as well as her friends, and the various men in her life.

What I liked about this book is that it is told in a way I don't think I have ever come across before. Parts of the story are told in sections of time on the day of Ellie's wedding, however, we don't know who it is that she is getting married to, therefore we are left guessing right to last page who it is. In between the wedding day sections, several years and a number of events are explained to us, and this is how we are introduced to the four men that Ellie could potentially be about to walk down the aisle and marry. The four men are all very different and I was personally only able to rule one of them out of the running (I won't spoil the book by telling you who), therefore I was left to guess which one of the other three men it was going to be.

Overall, this is a fun book, which, like Ruth's previous book, also features a heavier and more serious issue amongst all the rest of the chaos and drama surrounding Ellie's life. I'd say that if you're a fan of chick-lit then this is defintely the book for you.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 May 2014
It took me a while to get into this book, at first I wandered if I could ever get into it but I eventually did around chapter 3. I love the story, I love the guessing of "who is Ellie getting married to??" throughout the book and the constant guessing leading up to it. I enjoyed all of the characters, especially Charlotte and her twins as they were so well described I really could practically imagine them in real life! I thought that the last part of the book was rushed and jumped from month to month which was a bit disappointing but overall, I really enjoyed the ending and loved the overall book.
on 30 May 2011
Ellie Andrews is a girl that you can relate to. She's not perfectly beautiful like her blonde sisters, the 'Amazing Andrews' as they are called. She probably eats too much chocolate and ice cream for a girl who would like to be thinner (as we all do!) and enjoys wine in vast quantities. What is great about Ellie is that you grow to love her as she is and discover that her sisters, despite their beauty are in fact selfish and unlikeable.

I devoured this book in 48 hours as it hooks you in from the first page. Ellie is getting married and is getting cold feet. The story alternates between the morning of her wedding and flashbacks to a time where she has four different men in her life, all very different, offering different relationships. The reader is left guessing up until the very last page who it is she in fact she is preparing to marry. The question is, does she or doesn't she go through with it?

I would recommend this book because it is funny in both a girlie and witty way but better still, the characters are very loveable and fun to spend some time with for a couple of days!
2 people found this helpful