Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £7.99 UK delivery
+ £9.99 UK delivery
+ £17.90 UK delivery
Elite Arion Home Trainer 2015
|Price:||£159.68 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£40.31 (20%)|
- Magnetic resistance unit with wireless electronic adjustment by cycle-computer
- Compatible with road bikes and MTBs
- Compact: Frame folds up quickly for easy storage or transport
- Built in step for easy rider mount
- Improves balance and form
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
the elite arion home trainer 2015 offers the user a lightness and optimal simplicity, also offers maximum functionality with excellent performance and reliability. rollers with parabolic shape to give you a free career, total safety and perfect balance. a platform integrated into the structure to raise and lower the bike without the need for support. arion may close with a simple movement. get ready for a workout of agility and balance. features: -lightweight (7kg) frame, ultra strong polyamide reinforced with fiberglass. -parabolic rollers with 85 mm in diameter in the center and 100 mm on the sides. -platform integrated into the structure. -perfectly smooth surface. -compatible with road and mtb bikes. -compact and foldable. -dimensions: 141 x 49.5 open x 16cm, closed 73 x 49.5 x 22 cm.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) If you're new to rollers, set up between a door frame so that if you begin to veer off (you invariably will), you can use your shoulders or elbows to stay on.
2) You'll need a fan to keep cool because without moving air, you'll get very hot and sweaty in no time.
3) If you're worried about the noise, put a rug on your floor, then some MDF on top of that for added noise insulation. The rug will absorb some of the noise. This might be essential of you live in a new build.
4) Inflate tyres to max recommended pressure. This should make it easier to cycle smoother and faster; essential for staying on the rollers.
5) Don't look down! Gaze ahead as if you were on the road.
6) Place hands close together on the handle bar. This should reduce the likelihood of veering off through jerky steering. If your hands are far apart, slight movements will result in big steering movements, so keep them together.
7) start off aiming to cycle for 30 seconds or so and slowly build up from there.
8) Use the rollers regularly! Using them often will increase your confidence and ability to stay on and ride for longer and, as a side effect, will almost certainly improve your overall technique because pedalling smoothly (cadence) will make it easier to stay on.
I'm 40 years old and am at beginner/ intermediate level i.e. I can cycle for 10-20 miles at a steady pace but am a long, long way from 'competing' standard. Indeed, I've got a small one-pack (aka beer belly) and don't really expect to swap it for the classic six-pack anytime soon! When I first got the rollers a couple of months ago, I could only manage a handful of bursts between 30-60 seconds, but can now manage on average 30 minutes per session (10 minutes plus another 20 after a rehydration pause).
If you want to buy rollers to keep your body in shape over winter, I heartily recommend these ones, but if you're a sportive/ competitive cyclist, you may need rollers with adjustable resistance. For me however, they're perfect!
UPDATE (September 2014): After being back on the roads for the last 6 months or so, I thought I'd return to the rollers to start getting used to them again for the coming months and I'm delighted to say they're still effective as ever at making me sweat plenty and having used them last winter, it took seconds to get a feel for it, unlike when I first got them. It was so easy second time around in fact, I'd say it's like riding a bike; once you know how to do it, you never forget - oh wait, I am riding a bike! :)
If you take the plunge, just heed the general advice...start in a doorway or at least against a solid wall...look ahead, not down...if in doubt, pedal faster!!
Centrifugal force is your friend, when and if you start to wobble..fight the urge to stop or slow down and pedal faster, it will pull you out of the wobble. I've had my rollers for two weeks now and can easily do a 20-minute stint with ease - I still push off from the wall to start off, but that's it. Take the plunge, rollers are so much more engaging than a static turbo trainer - they exercise more than your leg muscles as you are constantly using your back, stomach and shoulder muscles..just as you would on a road ride. Over winter, these will be my best friend!
Product-wise - it's easy to setup, two bolts to adjust the front roller to the length of your bike.
I think the plastic frame construction could do with being a little stronger, it feels a little flimsy, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems in use. Bearings & rollers are both good & solid. The whole thing folds in half when not in use, but that's where the design is poorly thought out - the hinges catch on the belt that runs between the rollers, and it comes unhooked - so you have to reattach every time. There's also nowhere safe to put your fingers while folding, so beware :) All-in-all good value rollers, look forward to many a 'happy' hours' training!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews