- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Elijah: A Prophet of the Lord (Understanding the Old Testament) Paperback – 30 Mar 2007
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Hamilton Smith (1862-1943), born in Barnes, Surrey, the son of a sea captain, was employed in the office of his uncle's building firm, where he was later joined by his cousin F B Hole. By 1901, married and living in Sutton, Surrey, with his wife and young family, he had retired from the building trade and entered full-time upon the task of building up the church of God. Later in life, he moved to Weston-super-Mare in Somerset, his wife Rachel's home county. His personal ministry was delivered in the United Kingdom, but his written ministry continues to be read worldwide. Along with H P Barker, A J Pollock, J T Mawson and F B Hole he frequently contributed articles to "Scripture Truth" magazine, which often provided the basis for books later published by the Central Bible Truth Depot. Hamilton Smith's written expositions of the Scriptures are brief, clear and very much to the point.
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Religious
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Bible Studies > Old Testament
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Criticism & Interpretation
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Reference
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Sacred Writings > Hebrew Bible (Old Testament)