- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
Elements Paperback – 17 Feb 2019
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A lovely collection.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
There are a number of poems here that floored me. There are also some rather bleak drawings. However, there is one poem that I’ve return to repeatedly called “The Longest Road” by T.F.Webb:
“I walked the longest road
In rainy days and shadows
And misery paved the way
Drowning under grey cascades
Wading through tattered blooms
I dragged shredded feet
To the endless dirge of carrion caws
A bag of bones
Tinged green and aching
Silent and alone.”
Having worked in shelters in my career, I could just picture “D” or “J” working as a day laborer, trying to get beyond that financial fence that lay between them and more permanent housing, and I weep too.
Thank you Sarah Michelle Lynch for the courage to solicit these poems to help others. Highly recommended 5/5