Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
Elements of Cartography Hardcover – 25 Apr 1995
|New from||Used from|
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
About the Cover: The cover illustration was made by combining three different U.S. Geological Survey digital data sets: a black and white digital orthophotograph, a digital elevation model, and a digital raster image of a topographic map. The observer viewpoint is at an altitude of 1200’ above the surface, in the vicinity of Massanutten Mountain, just east of Harrisonburg, VA. The colored lines and areas from the topographic map are transparent so that when combined, the underlying imagery is visible. These data sets are then draped over a surface generated from the digital elevation data. The cover illustrates the flexibility available to the cartographer in creating graphics using computer technology and digital data sets.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Analytical Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Cartography, Geodesy & Geographic Information Systems
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps > Special Interests > Road & Car