- Also check our best rated Ps3 Game reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £2.03 UK delivery
- The days of button mashing are over. The intuitive Flickit dual analog control lets you perform skill-based trick executions that capture the real-world feel and true attitude of skateboarding
- Create your own style and personality with animation and physics that give you the freedom to decide how your skater looks, feels and rides. Get creative as you develop your own tricks and string them together to create lines
- Capture your sickest moves in-game and bring them online for the world to see. Use innovative online video editing tools and add music to create the ultimate skate video
- Open progression allows gamers to skate how they want to skate. Become famous and generate mainstream hype or go the infamous route by outrunning security guards, owning spots and building street cred. Depending on how you roll in the game, you'll start seeing your own coverage in Thrasher or The Skateboard Mag
- San Vanelona is the ultimate skate mecca where you can ride with pros, discover skate shops, and own spots to make them yours
- skate. features professional legends and upcoming pros including Danny Way, Mark Gonzales, Rob Dyrdek, Mike Carroll, P.J. Ladd, Chris Cole, Jason Dill, Pat Duffy, Jerry Hsu, Paul Rodriguez, Dennis Busenitz, Alex Chalmers, Chris Haslam, Colin McKay, John Rattray, Ryan Gallant, Ryan Smith and Terry Kennedy
- skate. features an extensive online gameplay system including multiple online multiplayer modes. Gamers can hit up popular spots in the city with friends across the country
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Skate is the closest thing to skateboarding without actually putting your feet on a board. With innovative controls that take advantage of the dual analog sticks, the power of the next-gen hardware, and the ability to sculpt tricks that define your own style, Skate delivers an authentic boarding mecca like no other videogame.
Individual styles combined with physics-driven animations promise that no two tricks will ever be the same. And thereâs plenty of room to pull off those tricks - San Vanelona challenges you to explore, find, and own the best spots. You can even capture footage to create and show off your style with friends across the worldâ"because without footage, it's fiction.
Get ready for all the fun, creativity and culture of skateboarding without the hours of practice, broken bones, and hospital visits.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I enjoyed the early Tony Hawks skating games..
They got too diluted when they tried to do new things though.
I wanted a skating game because TH3 on PS2 was so much fun back then.
I was tied between whether to get Skate or THPG.
I opted to get Skate, I got it free with my ps3 and not on Amazon FYI.
Lemme tell you, i've got the TH demo and it's pants, i'm so glad I chose this!
It's fresh.. it doesn't have all the trendyness of TH.. it's all about fun and not about being cool.
From the intro video to the game you can tell they've put in the effort and it's worth the money.
Once you're about an hour into the game you can tell that the physics are awesome, the graphics beautiful.. [check out the floor textures].. and the gameplay is satisfying..
It's not a matter of pressing X to ollie, you have to do it yourself with the analog stick, making it all the more personal. It's all like that, giving you so much more satisfaction for simply grinding a bench.
There's lots of tasks and missions of varying difficulty, and they pay off, as you can afford more stuff and you gain popularity and rise to a pro.
I played it 2 days running this weekend.. it's rare a game keeps me that involved these days. I'm not sure how long it lasts, but i'm sure i'm only a third the way through.
I haven't even tried 2 player yet, or online.
The in-game characters are funny and likeable. With lots of funny commentary and voiceovers.
Basically this game has impressed me highly. And I would recommend it for any gamer. You won't be wasting your money.
You have to start off by doing skateboarding films to get coverage in the local skate mag.You then get asked to skate 4 thrasher which gives you money and sponsership to getting better skateboards, wheels and clothing and eventually leads you to face the pros in the x-games. There are also pro challenges you can do which you can unlock there character,clothing,video and extra money if u beat them. Each mission gives you money so you should never be short of cash. There are a variety of objectives such as photo coverage, filming, skateboarding races and playing a game of skate which gets u to take it in turns against a pro to beat them at tricks.
Online is also a plus as you can play against up to 4 people at once in a spot battle, jam, skate,and own the spot. you can also choose to play ranked events which earn you points to increase your rank out of all the other skaters around the world, and unranked matches which offer a no pressure against anyone event.
Also on career mode you can edit films that u have made and pictures taken of you skateing. Then you can put them online for other people to view and rate because without footage its fiction. If you have friends to play with you can play with them at a game of freeskate online which lets you muck about in a small area in the city.
Luckily this game just isnt online to play against people, you can also play against 2-4 friends in party play where u can choose either to play a spot battle or skate.
Disadvantages ? Hardly anything, only that the career mode is too short and easy, there are only 2 difficult pro challenges throughout the whole game and you dont have to do them if u dont want 2. There is one with paul rodriguez and the other with black where you have to avoid hitting him and grinding a bench while doing an fs crooked grind at the same time. If you play this game on a regular basis such as 2-3 hours a day you will be able to complete it in a week at most. But theres always online to keep you busy and occupied if youre trying to become the best skater in the world.
This game is so much better than Tony hawks proving ground and every other skateboarding game out there.
Unlike the previous reviewers, I have no personal experience of skating, so don't think its only a game for people who skate!
I downloaded the demo, and that was so addictive that even after promising myself I would not buy any games until PES2008 came out, I just had to buy this. I put it on last night, and literlly could not turn it off.
So much better than Tony Hawks, and really brings across the vibe of real skate videos. The way the game is structured, like getting sponsored, trying to get photos of your tricks in magazines, entering trick contests etc is very cool and there is just so much stuff to do.
Its a bit like grand Theft Auto in the respect that you're on a huge map, and have the freedom of the city, and travel round looking for chalenges etc. Its also like GTA in the respect that regardless of the challenges, you can easily just put this game on and mess about and go for a free skate, and its still very enjoyable and moreish.
The way the tricks work means they are not easy to perform like on Tony Hawks, and that makes pulling them off that bit more satisfying.
So even if you got bored with the stale Tony Hawks series, DON'T think that this is in the same mould and "just another skating game"....you will be pleasantly suprised!