Rugby 06 (PS2)
- Impact Players: Snatch victory from the jaws of defeat by turning to your impact players when the chips are down. Harness the unique abilities of these rugby greats to leave your mark on the game
- Increased Tactical Plays: Over 25 tactical set plays can be mapped to the controller choose the most effective or those which best suit your playing style
- Off-Load Passing: Draw a defender and then pass out of the tackle to create a gap in the defensive line that can be exploited by your team-mates. Fast, fluid rugby is the name of this game
- Comprehensive Commentary: Ian Robertson returns with all-new co-commentary from legendary All Blacks star Grant Fox
- Enhanced Stadiums and Playing Conditions: Improved stadium imagery including rolling banners, 3D grass, different pitch patterns and team-specific animated flags combined with new weather conditions such as snow, fog and visible player breath immerse you in a realistic rugby experience
- Teams and Tournaments: Rugby 06 has even more licensed teams and tournaments, including the Guinness Premiership
- World League Mode: Build an all-conquering team using the in-depth transfer market while balancing all-new club objectives and assessing job offers from rival clubs. Only the best managers will survive
- Quick Penalties and Lineouts: Keep the defence on the back foot and the game flowing by executing set-plays as they are called.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: PlayStation2
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Video Game
Taste the tension and take the big hits as Rugby 06 slams you back into the scrum for the most realistic and intense rugby experience yet.
Keep the match flowing with new off-load passing and quick set plays and get as close as you can get to the mud, sweat and tears of the real thing with faster, more realistic and responsive gameplay.
Drive your team to victory with effective use of your impact players whose innovation, inspiration and discipline can mean the difference between a humiliating defeat and a spectacular win.
When the pressure is really on and the game is on the line, resort to tough tactics to neutralise your opposition's impact players. Used at the right time, laying a high hit on an opponent can turn the game in your favour. But remember, it's just as likely to hand the advantage to your rivals and land your player in the dreaded sin bin.
With authentic teams and players, more expansive gameplay and all-new hard-hitting action, Rugby 06 lays bare the heart and soul of the greatest game on earth.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
A great rugby game that at last will satisfy a true fan. Buy it!!
Graphics are great, the animation is superb, and the range of tackles that your guys perform are brilliant, if a little over the top with spear tackles and blokes being thrown over shoulders happening every other tackle.
On the down side - it is difficult to judge a kick outside the 22 so that it bounces before finding touch and some of the players' speed and agility, especially when returning a kick, can be frustrating as they dance through your defence to score a 90 metre try off a restart. However, I've only been playing it for a couple of days, so this is probably more my fault.
The commentary can become a little irritating too but again, that's a minor niggle.
Overall, this is a fantastic rugby game with massive depth (you can pick the England squad from every English player in the Premiership if you so desire), but also plays well if you just want to pick it up for 10 minutes. I'm looking forward to spending far too much time on my PS2 in the next month or so...
Massive Graphics improvement on rugby 05
AI very good- A computer-controlled Jason Robinson will still go on a very mazy, jinking run
Great attention to detail- Gavin henson's hunched approach to a kick at goal, Jonny Wilkinsons's clenched hands and even Gareth Thomas' trademark head slapping celebration
New things such as high tackles, offloads etc. really make it soooo much better than 05
Rucking really needs to be improved, turnovers are just too easy
Slightly over compensating on this impact player thing, Jonny Wilkinsons touch finders are just far too long on this game
overall a flippin' fantastic game, trust me its worth every penny
The only minor critisisms i can say about this game, is that, going from one extreme to the other in rugby games, turnovers happen a little to frequent, also while quick penaltys and line-outs are a good idea they shouldn't be available all the time, only when circumstances allow.
But thats all i can find against this game, some players may find it rightly infuriating when the ref gives a call against you but this is the very nature of rugby and i Have immensely enjoyed this game.
A must buy game for everyone. Rugby fans or not.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
i bought this game for my son, it arrived on time, and he loves it!Published 14 months ago by sapphire
For an 8 year old playstation game it is pretty good. Can play with the Lions, a classic rugby game.Published on 18 Aug. 2013 by Iw Lew 1997
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD. POOR GRAPHICS, GAME IS NOT LONG ENOUGH, WAY TOO QUICK TO COMPLETE, ACTUAL GAME IS NOT ENJOYABLE, ENGAGING OR STIMULATING ENOUGH... Read morePublished on 8 Mar. 2013 by Ophelia-Sofia S
This is the best rugby game so far. It needs improvement (better handling of lineout, scrum and ruck, taking more account of forward ability and management, for instance) but the... Read morePublished on 3 Feb. 2013 by FatTaff
This is a great game as I bought it for my son who is rugby mad. He was really impressed and loved it. He loved the lion's tours and the many features to the game. Read morePublished on 19 Jun. 2010 by jersey girl
This game has some good points, but is spoilt by the few bad points. The good points are:- Lions tour, good tournament options, decent graphics, fun gameplay (except a few things... Read morePublished on 29 Oct. 2009 by David L
Rugby games are thin on the ground these days. Still, we have this to play.
As rugby games go I suppose this is as good as it gets. I haven't played any others. Read more
Rugby 2006 has had so much care put in the graphics, set plays(and new for 2006) club teams, off-load passing,quick line-outs and penalties, impact players and The Guiness... Read morePublished on 11 Oct. 2008 by Ed Scunny
Where do i start with this game, ok the team ratings we'll start with that England they are highly overrated and should be no higher than 75. Read morePublished on 25 Sept. 2008 by david quinn