- Also check our best rated Ps3 Game reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £3.99 UK delivery
NHL 13 (PS3)
- UK ADAPTOR INCLUDED
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: PlayStation 3
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Every Stride Matters
Featuring the biggest innovation for the franchise in six years, NHL 13 accurately captures the speed, creativity, and strategy of today’s NHL with revolutionary True Performance Skating. Sync up with friends with the real-world of hockey in GM Connected, the first-ever online multiplayer dynasty mode with cooperative and Online Team Play, or relive the greatest moments from today’s NHL in NHL Moments Live. With core gameplay innovation, connected experiences, and the deepest feature set ever, NHL 13 is the definitive hockey experience.
- All-New True Performance Skating - Driven by real-world physics and more than 1,000 new gameplay animations, True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum, and top-end speed of today’s NHL players. With a new layer of creativity added in-game, combined with control offered by the Skill Stick, you now have the entire toolset of an NHL player at your fingertips.
- EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. - With a completely overhauled A.I. system players are now fully aware of others on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter, and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey IQ also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever.
- All-New GM Connected - The franchise’s most popular mode connects you and friends with the real world of hockey, allowing you to manage, play, or coach in a 30-team, human-controlled league. You can also take your GM Connected experience with you using the mobile companion app, ensuring that you’ll never miss a single moment.
- NHL Moments Live - Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today’s NHL. From Gagner’s historic eight-point night and Crosby’s epic return to the ice to new moments that are added throughout the season, you’ll always be challenged to see if you have what it takes to play like a star.
Top Customer Reviews
Regarding gameplay, it was tricky at first even on rookie level, but I got the hang of defending and there is a great satisfaction to be had in scoring although it often takes a lot of shooting to score but I'd rather it be a challenge than for it to be easy to score. There's also a great variety of goals that can be scored. A minor issue I found was that I never got powerplays. In about 50 games as Sudbury Wolves I got 2 or 3 powerplays. However, since starting an NHL season on Pro level I've had a few more and the opposition is far more physical on that level. Saying that, I've found that very few fights occur during a game.
There's a great number of options for game modes but it's a shame there's no career or manager mode, only a single season mode. The winter classic is great (and an easy trophy) but I haven't played online very much and I've had problems connecting with both NHL and Fifa. The GM mode could be good but a drawback is that if you don't have many friends who play NHL (which is likely in the UK) then I'm not sure there's a way to enter that mode of play.
I give this 5 stars and it's highly addictvie but if they added the British Elite League, I'd add some metaphorical stars!
I've owned every EA Sports NHL game since NHL 07 and thought the series had reached a highpoint with NHL 12. To be quite honest, I'd almost talked myself out of buying NHL 13, thinking that there wouldn't be too much of an improvement so justify the spend. I'm very, very glad I did.
To keep it short and sweet, the game has undergone a huge improvement. It's much more realistic in terms of the new and improved skating feature, aswell as the gameplay actually resembling real-life hockey. The computer opponent doesn't just dump the puck behind the net everytime it has posession, but instead different teams (depending on players) have different strategies which makes for much improved and more rounded gameplay. For the Hockey purists this is without a doubt the best game to date.
If being incredibly picky, the only improvement I think could be made for the next game perhaps is in the "Be a GM" mode, the trading could be made easier to work with.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Tested it only, it works, and looks great....look forward to many wasted hours over the winter on this!!!Published 7 months ago by Michael Head
Great game lots of fun, my boyfriend loved it......until I beat him!Published 16 months ago by Sarah Ashby
I first played NHL on the Sega MegaDrive back in 90 something and this is the first time I have purchased since and apart from the obvious massive change in quality, the important... Read morePublished 21 months ago by Ed Meister