- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
NASCAR 09 (Xbox 360)
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Xbox 360
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Video Game
Platform: Xbox 360
Put your reputation on the line with NASCAR 2009. As the sport's newest prodigy, NASCAR's four-time champion Jeff Gordon takes you under his wing and guides you through some of the key aspects of the game. Use his advice to your advantage when racing in an all-new Career Mode or the Sprint Driver Challenges to earn reputation and become a NASCAR champion yourself. Create your racing credential, design a customised car, and get ready to race for premier contracts as you work your way to the top with NASCAR 09.
- Learn From a Champion: Working with you through an all-new interactive 3D menu interface, NASCAR superstar Jeff Gordon guides you through the game's major features and advises you throughout your career. Use his advice as guidance in preparing to challenge the best drivers of NASCAR, including Gordon himself.
- Two Distinct Driving Models: Two new and distinct handling models allow anyone to sink their teeth into the ultimate NASCAR racing experience. The "Normal" handling model allows for a much more forgiving experience while the "Pro" handling model gives you a taste of what it's really like behind the wheel in NASCAR.
- New "Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup" Career Mode: Sign lucrative contracts, earn a reputation, and accumulate valuable performance points by dominating in three authentic racing series, including the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
- Enhanced Paint Booth: Customise your car by designing a unique paint scheme in the new Paint Booth or by downloading templates from your personal computer and importing one-of-a-kind designs into the game via your EA Locker through EA Sportsworld.
- All-New Sprint Driver Challenges: Make a name for yourself and build reputation through a wide variety of racing challenges, highlighted by one-on-one battles against the sport's biggest star
Top customer reviews
If you are into turning left, though, NASCAR 09 is a cracking racer. Graphically it's not Gran Turismo, but then NASCAR 09 is displaying 43 cars at a time and does a very good job of that. There's no slowdown, some excellent spot effects and the lighting, particularly as the sun sets (the sun moves through the sky as you race, so even in a day race the shadows will lengthen) is generally excellent. The twitchy controls and hugely aggressive AI of NASCAR 08 are gone, and in their place are much more precise steering, throttle and brake inputs and AI that races, for the most part, cleanly and fairly.
Wrinkles? As other reviewers have said, the game is incompatible with the US release, so no racing the Americans online, which is ridiculous when you consider where NASCAR races. The road course AI has hotspots on each track where it'll cause a caution every couple of laps (the downloadable Montreal being an especially trying exercise in frustration), and there are a couple of tracks where you'll be unbeatable once you've got somewhere close to maxing out the performance points you can apply to your car. In spite of that, NASCAR 09 is worth at least a rental for most, and should be an instant buy for those with a real interest in US motorsport.
Most recent customer reviews