SSX (Xbox 360)
|Price:||£14.93 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Xbox 360
A modern day reinvention of one of the most critically acclaimed arcade franchises of all-time, EA SPORTS™ SSX will allow players to experience the franchise’s signature fun and adrenaline-packed gameplay across iconic mountain ranges all over the world.
Using NASA topographical satellite data, we’ve mapped out a Massive World for players to explore. Throughout nine expansive mountain ranges, SSX packs reality-defying gameplay into every run letting players Race, Trick, and Survive down huge open mountains. In addition, Explore, Global Events and RiderNet - SSX’s recommendation engine - headline an online feature set that will revolutionize social competition for gamers, making it fun and easy to compete with friends on your schedule.
- Conquer the Planet's Mountains— From Antarctica to Africa and the Himalayas to the Alps, players will drop into nine of the most iconic mountains ranges on planet earth. Using NASA topographical data and our proprietary Mountain Man tool, each of these iconic mountain ranges have then been exaggerated to deliver a gameplay experience that is true to SSX
- Race it —Way beyond your typical racing experience, SSX allows players to race down huge open mountains with multiple elevations and no invisible walls to hem the player in.
- Trick it—Defying the laws of reality, SSX will enable players to pull off tricks that would make even the world’s greatest snowboarders cringe. Forget a 1260° Double Mctwist, in SSX if you still have both feet strapped to the board while you’re spinning 200 feet in the air then you’re still a beginner. With a refined trick system and levels designed to deliver trick opportunities at every turn, filling your Tricky meter is a must
- Survive it — A new gameplay element inspired by big mountain snowboarding, SSX asks players to survive some of the most treacherous descents on earth. Challenged by the power of Mother Nature, players will have to survive avalanches, white outs, freezing cold temperatures and much more, as they make their way down these natural boss battles.
- Advanced Physics—Harnessing the power of the current generation of consoles, SSX introduces a revolutionary physics engine that will allow players to ride and trick off almost anything in the environment, unrestricted by invisible walls and barriers.
- Upgradeable Gear —From boards of varying speeds to wing suits that let you glide for longer distances, upgrade your gear to ride faster, trick higher and survive longer
- Characters Old and New —Favorite characters, as selected by the fans, make their return to SSX along with some new faces that will be joining the franchise. Returning characters include: Elise, Kaori, Mac, Psymon, Moby and Zoe.
- Explore - Explore every drop in the massive world of SSX. Set your fastest time on Race Drops, post your highest score in Trick Drops, and descend as far down the mountain as you can in Survival Drops. In addition to a traditional leaderboard showing friends’ times to beat, ghosts of your friends’ runs are also visible in your world showing you exactly how they tackled a run. Challenge your friends’ ghosts or let your own ghost chalk up wins and losses, while you’re away from your console.
- Global Events - Constant global competition at every drop point the SSX universe against real people in real-time. Events can last for a single run, hours, or even days, with your friends and closest competitors phasing in and out of your immediate surroundings at all times. Post a time and move up or down the leaderboard even after you turn off your console.
- RiderNet - Inspired by the incredible Autolog engine from Need for Speed, RiderNet will be the players guide through the world of SSX. It will allow players to ‘like’ their favorite drops, recommend new drops and friends to the player, point players to ghosts that are beating their scores and much more.
Top Customer Reviews
Where to start?
The main menu is beautifully presented and the globe feature is a very cool touch. It allows for easy access to every region in the game and looks slick too. The colours blend well and overall it's one of the better menus out there. The characters are displayed like the old games, except this time they update depending on your set chosen outfit for them, neat touch. The Global Events ranking system and scoreboard are presented nicely and it is easy to identify the gold from the bronze.
A huge improvement from the previous games, although that was to be expected as this is a step up to the new generation of consoles. The mountain ranges look beautiful and the colours from the sun and lava are divine. The animations for your character are more realistic and the movement of the snow and ice is more believable than in previous titles.
There are 3 modes in which to play SSX.
World Tour. You must conquer the 9 Deadly Descents of the world, and to spice things up, it's a race to beat SSX veteran Griff. You must play with every character in the game in order to do this so I suppose it allows you to test them all out and discover which one is your favorite ( of course if you've played the previous games, you already have one!) The new characters do nothing for me and just act as more competition. One downside is you don't feel as attached to them as they rarely speak.
Explore. You are given the World as your playground as you have access to every drop on SSX. Be free and enjoy the tracks to beat your friend's times and scores.
Global Events. In my opinion THE best game mode of the lot.Read more ›
The premise of the game in world tour is simple - you are in control of team SSX and are trying to take on the 9 deadly descents ahead of Griff's team. Yes that's right there is a storyline here with cut-scenes of comic book intro's to characters. This might be a nice idea but it really comes across as confused and totally unnecessary. There is also an Explore mode where any of the peaks are open and online modes. The online mode includes races, tricks etc against other opponents. Each event is open for a period of time so you don't always get the instant gratification of winning. There is no offline multiplayer (why? This would be simplicity itself to implement and should be there).
The controls are easy to get used to, although the tutorial didn't really give me enough time to play with the controls. The graphics are improved. But SSX always has been about the gameplay. This is where SSX almost gets it bang on. The diffierent challenges are challenging and the addition of oxygen packs and wing suits adds enough variety to the mix. Its got the 'one more go' feel when you don't quite succeed. It fun to play and whilst not as much fun as Tricky it keeps you involved. However, the sound mix isn't quite there.Read more ›
An addictive game, SSX challenges any gaming snowboarder from the beginner to the expert. With many different game modes including freeskate and races.
The only downside is that SSX does not have an offline multiplayer mode. However, it is just as fun to challenge your friends online.
Apart from the lack of offline multiplayer, SSX is a must buy, even for snowboard game beginners.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was offered with another purchase that I wanted. I brought both for my son. He enjoys this game, but it's a little young for him (he's 10). Read morePublished 7 months ago by Julie