Platform: PC|Edition: Standard|Format: Box|Change

on 18 December 2012
I am one of those who had a major rant last year about used activation code problems. Thankfully there was no repeat of that this year. Installation went smoothly on Windows 8 (32 bit) and game looks great and runs well on max settings on a GTX550ti, Intel Q6600 and 2 meg RAM. I've not tried the online manager mode etc yet so can't comment if there are any issues there. I would give it 5 stars but I think it is rather overpriced for what is essentially an annual update for the squads. Not sure it's worth it if you have FIFA 12 but it's well worth upgrading from any version prior to that.
on 2 April 2013
The game is definitely the best one so far. Bought it for pc along with an Xbox windows controller and everything works perfect on Windows 7.
on 2 March 2013
I have order FIFA 13 together with MOH Warfighter and this last time I will be wasting my money on any EA titles. In the last few days I have spent hours trying to get both game to run. So first it was issue with launching Origin: managed to cut down launching time from 10 to about a minute but no luck with launching FIFA.After pressing "start" nothing happens yet I can see fifa.exe file running in the task manager. Reinstalled Win7, updated all drivers, my system specs are fine.Looking for help on EA forums is waste of time, many people with similar problems , no solutions or help
Finally started working properly after the 2nd update, no crashes, no stuttering, nothing. Really fun to play. Cannot wait for next year's installment.
88 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2012
As I only really play offline modes, Fifa 13 on the PC is an excellent buy. First time I've purchased it for PC, as usually I go with Xbox but this year I fancied something different, which I didn't regret.

The fact that someone can say in there review that the game has a "worldwide fault" amuses me, as I've never had a single issue and the game runs smoothly on my £200 PC.

Since the Xbox 360, I've always chosen Fifa over PES, not sure how good PES is on PC or even if it's on PC, but I suggest you buy this if you don't want a console version of the game.
on 24 October 2012
I bought FIFA 12 on PC just for fun & to relive the old days when I had a console. I bought a decent built to spec gaming capable PC in 2011 and never really considered playing such games as FIFA on it. However, than I bought FIFA 12 and I was blown away - simply amazing and as closer to the real thing than any other footy game I had played.

Does FIFA 13 keep up the good work - yes it does. The extra additions of the challenges are both fun and informative in terms of skill improvements. The improved attacking game play also is a noticeable improvement

Sure, the game play has not changed radically - but it is football after all, so there is a limit to how much game play changes can be made before without deviating from football itself!!

FIFA 12 had some AI issues with off-side wandering particularly annoying - that is one major improvement in FIFA 13 and much more realistic.

My only (minor) gripe is with Ultimate Team, which is improved from FIFA 12 in many ways - but it is not possible to play a single match either vs. the computer or random on-line person. There is a an on-line season mode in Ultimate Team which on one hand more than compensates, but quite why the option of a single "friendly" on line match has been removed from Ultimate Team, only EA know.

That gripe aside, this is a great game and equally as good as the console versions that I have played. The whole match experience has some nice new touches; individual players become a focus for a pre-match comment by one of the commentators for example. I also like the additional Geoff Shreeves as the touchline reporter providing insight to any injuries.

As per usual, some people will moan about the fact it won't work on their none-internet connected old PCs - but ignore them and if you half a half decent PC with an internet connection then it will work just fine.

Great game that plays and looks great on my PC, even if I actually bought my PC for other games / things!!
on 25 October 2012
I must admit to feeling a bit hesitant with this game owing to a lot of the reviews on here being quite negative. However, I needn't have worried, the game installs fine using origin and I haven't yet had any crashing issues or anything like that, it plays like a dream. This may be due to whatever updates EA have released since people having issues posted their reviews, but in any case, fully working and highly recommended (especially for £29.99 compared to £10 more for console versions with weaker graphics).
on 1 October 2012
**UPDATE**

Well, the price is back down, but I can no longer play the game as there are too many
annoying quirks with the game play on manual controls, it just infuriates me too much.

I can't believe fifa is still a directX 9 title. dx9 is 11 years old. 11!
EA are a real joke.

I played the demo and pre-ordered at £25, which i was just about happy to pay.

The gameplay is an improvement, although the AI in terms of its off the ball movement is not quite as good as i was hoping,
but is improved (players still run into the box with no attempt to get in front of defenders, still no movement during free
kicks and corners, [by default at least] and on manual controls AI still finds it hard to decide which player should be picking
up the ball).

I'm also not a fan of the automatic 'always face the goal' movements when attacking. I can do that myself with the triggers if
I want it.

All this though can be fixed with updates, which they are actually pretty good at doing though origin.

But, to increase the PC price to £37 is a joke. I would hope the PC gaming community takes a stand on this one and holds off
until it is sensibly priced, considering this is basically another upgrade (at which your new 660Ti will laugh at, if it notices the
game is running at all), not a new PC game. [unlike the 2 iteration jump from fifa 11 on the PC (which was basically the
console fifa 10) to fifa 12, 13 is just one iteration.]
on 9 September 2013
I meet all the requirements for the PC and even surpass all of them significantly. But the game keeps crashing every time I play a match. Don't buy for PC! If you want to play this game, buy it for a Playstation or an X-box.
on 13 November 2012
Last year I played FIFA 12 Ultimate team and was disappointed - I bought it solely for the online experience and that experience was frustration.

This year it is the same issues all over again - don't get me wrong, the gameplay in my opinion is even better than last year, players have better faces, graphic is good etc..., but when we come to online mode (Ultimate Team) it is just BAD! Last year there were hundreds of players cheating to earn coins and by that they ruined gameplay experience for the rest of us - most of the teams you got matched against disconnected before kick-off. This year it is the same but 10X more, it is almost impossible to find a game with non-cheater.

After sending numerous complaints (myself and other users) we are ready to give up on this game, because EA does not care about their PC customers - all we get are automated answers from their Indian help desk.

So, please, until EA fix their game, do not buy it! If you want more proof, come on the official forums for FIFA Ultimater Team PC and see all those complaints for yourselves!