Other Sellers on Amazon
FIFA 10 (Nintendo DS)
- 360° Dribbling - The first-ever true 360° dribbling system in a football game provides finer dribbling control, enabling players to find spaces between defenders that previously were not possible
- Skilled Dribbling - All-new animation warping technology provides unprecedented control. Skilled players now have the ability to face a defender and use highly-responsive lateral dribbling to skip past him
- Freedom in Physical Play - Wider dribble touches and new collision sharing creates a varied, less predictable, and extended fight for possession between the dribbler and a defender
- Player Urgency - Improved urgency AI logic, with over 50 new movement cycles, delivers more responsive positioning so your players stay focused on the ball and move at a speed appropriate to the action
- Improved Trapping Intelligence - Players now have a better awareness of where the easiest, most natural trapping position is so they can get the ball on the ground and under control easier and earlier
- Advanced Positioning - Defenders multi-task and play the pitch more intelligently by covering dangerous spaces left by out-of-position teammates. In attack, players analyze space more effectively, curve their runs to stay onside, create passing lanes and vary attacking options
- More Accurate Passing - Players better analyze space resulting in pinpoint passes that give their receivers more options and time to outrun defensive pressure
- Authentic Shooting - Refinements to the shooting system and modifications of the ball physics create a wider, more realistic variety of shots that enhance the exhilaration of scoring
- Varied Defending Options - Slide Tackle targeting has been enhanced so skilled players have more reach and avoid tackling through the dribbler. Better effort clearance logic gives defenders more options when attempting to get a foot on the ball before an attacker. Effort, such as sliding to block crosses and overhead kick clearances, give defenders more tools to prevent goal-scoring opportunities
- Refined Goalkeeper Intelligence - numerous improvements mean that goalkeepers now have more urgency and better perception of where to intercept loose balls, resulting in a more responsive and powerful rushing system. New animation warping technology provides game-realistic goalkeeper positioning and momentum, resulting in more varied scoring opportunities
- Manager Mode Authenticity - More than 50 major improvements were designed to create an authentic experience to mimic the real-world game. Match results are based on team and player strengths and weaknesses. Player transfers are determined by multiple decision points, including club finance and prestige, availability of similar players, and competition from AI-controlled clubs. Player development is more realistic with true-to-life growth curves based on factors such as age and environment
- Continuous Gameplay - Maintain the atmosphere, pace, and intensity of a match with quick free kicks and referee carding
- New Practice Arena - Work on individual skills in a fully featured practice mode before stepping on the pitch.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Nintendo DS
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Nintendo DS | Edition: Standard | Format: Box
Great Games and Accessories for the Nintendo DS from Gamesbuyer.
Last year's game topped the league and now the all-new FIFA 10 is looking to defend its title as the number one football action game. More realistic than ever, this latest sequel has greatly improved artificial intelligence, ball physics and graphics.
The best gets better as FIFA raises the bar on football sims
|Player likenesses are more realistic than ever|
|The new dribbling system gives even tighter control|
|The manager mode has seen significant improvement|
Brand new this year is the 360 degree dribbling system, giving you the most precise control ever. There are also changes to how the defensive line is formed, as well as improvements to crosses, freekicks and goalkeepers (who can now receive red cards).
Naturally the game retains its hugely successful on and offline multiplayer modes, with new options and better stability for online play. The manager mode has also seen a massive update to make it just as deep and complex as the main game. With all these new features and more EA Sports are betting on FIFA remaining the champions for a long time to come.Key Features
- Leagues better: The world's most successful football sim gets even better with improvements across the board, including physics, controls and multiplayer options.
- Dynamic dribble: New 360 degree dribbling control system allows for pixel perfect control of the ball at all times.
- Football focus: Newly improved artificial intelligence ensures teammates and opponents always move with a purpose and stay focused on the ball at all times.
- Beautiful game: Massively improved graphics, including better player likenesses, new crowd animations and new rain and snow effects that really affect the gameplay.
- Master manager: Greatly expanded manager mode, with a revamped experience point system and staff upgrades, a new interface and the chance to edit kit numbers.
EA's largest development studio is responsible for some of the biggest brands for EA Sports, including the FIFA series, NBA Live, NHL and SSX. They have also just taken over the Fight Night franchise. Their offices employ over a thousand staff, with three separate production studios.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The Amazon review and description here is for the console versions i.e. Playstation/X-Box etc. The actual DS game is an EXACT replica of the previous game.
What's most upsetting, is that EA haven't even bothered to iron out the obvious problems with it's previous effort. These are:
1) Be A Pro (taking sole control of an individual player) scoring system
- Pressure button / tell a team mate to shoot confusion
In defensive mode, holding the A button puts pressure on the opponent in possesion, and can be used to tackle. However, if possesion switches, and you suddenly find your team are on the ball, the A button you are pressing changes to telling your team mate to have a crack at goal which, if he is in any position other than directly infront of goal (when he would shoot anyway) you get a severe point penalty in your performance score for your stupid suggestion.
So frustrating - you have a good score, playing well, working hard, (a good pass or shot / tackle etc might get you 0.2, 0.5) but get caught out with the button confusion loses you 2 whole points! WHAT?
2) Sliding tackles
- Utterly, completely, impossible. You have to time them to within a mili-pixel, or you will either miss (and concur another bizarely harsh point penalty if you are in Be a Pro mode!) or it will be a foul. And guess what? The refs haven't played FIFA 9/10 on the DS and have no sympathy for this tackle glich - it's a red card 99% of the time. Even the computer can't escape this tragic function.Read more ›
The key part of FIFA is the gameplay and how it controls, with the absence of joysticks its a return to the PS1 style of play and using the trusty D-pad. This feels a little unnatural to begin with due to the lack of movement but you soon start to compromise with it and get better, whats annoying though is that 360 movement is there its just a very fine skill when you only have 4 directions to aim for.
Playing the game doesn't have as much variety as the home consoles, don't expect fancy flicks and thoughtful AI as this really is bare bones football for a fix on the go.
The game still has great responce in passing, shooting and dribbling but the lack of animations and variety soon feel more like a port of the PS1 game. The quick pace of the game however doesn't transfer to well though and even using Ronaldo felt like he was the big lad on the sunday league team, who has a pint and a pastie instead of an orange at half time.
The AI ability depends on the difficulty, Amatuer is a peice of cake with any small amount of ability but the top levels will leave you with a bit of a test. AI players do try and follow tactics like counter attacking and the offside trap but it can feel like your both 5 year olds in the playground and the rubbish kid in defence always wants a peice of the action.Read more ›
I would highly recommend this game to anyone who has a DS and is interested in football, as it is one of the best games you can buy dor the DS- and that is saying something.
he has even made up his own team with friends names on, and his team can play against any big team.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Another present, bought as it works on the DSi. Recipient very happy with it.Published 19 months ago by John
Brought this for my 5yr old son, he is on t all the time, loves it.Published 19 months ago by Mrs C J Robinson