- Check out our Sports & Leisure store for more great offers.
FIFA 08 (PS3)
- Clinical finishing
- Intelligent football
- Be a professional footballer
- Pro skills
- Manual controls
- Online leagues
- EA Sports interactive leagues
- Video upload
- Real world football news
- Complete authenticity
- Tournament mode
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: PlayStation 3
- BBFC Rating:
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
FIFA 08 challenges players to master the skills required to play like a professional soccer player. Fans around the world can experience the same highs and lows of real-world players and tackle the challenges they face on a daily basis.
The FIFA Soccer 08 next-gen gameplay engine, built to maximize the power of the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and the PLAYSTATION 3 computer and entertainment system, delivers animations and ball control that is so responsive you feel like you are actually on the pitch. Players are now aware of their surroundings, reacting authentically to threats and opportunities to make intelligent decisions.
Now with the FIFA 08 shooting system you can enjoy even more control and precision in front of the goal to become a true marksman.
For the first time ever, fans playing FIFA 08 will face the pressure to improve their game that real-world players endure every day. A new play mode called Be A Pro locks you in the role of a single player and challenges you to master the same disciplines as a real professional player--from positioning and tackling to reading the field and passing.
FIFA 08 now gives every football fan the chance to perform pro skills with a true next-generation organic building-block system. You can combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars or define your own style of play. You can even capture video of your best moves and goals in-game and upload to the FIFA 08 website to show off your style and celebrate your glory with friends across the globe.
The award-winning Interactive Leagues debuts on the Xbox 360 and the PLAYSTATION 3 as part of the deepest online feature set to date. Represent your club online (Internet connection required for online play) against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. When they play, you p
The greatest battle of the new football season is not between any real world club but between the virtual giants of FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer. Konamis game has always been the favourite but last year FIFA closed the gap to such a degree that the title race has never been closer. This years FIFA uses a completely new game engine, for the first time built specifically for the next gen consoles. But improved graphics and animation are only the half of it, with just as much focus going on the artificial intelligence thanks to the new "35 point decision engine". What this basically means is that every player on the pitch is fully aware of those around him and constantly thinking about tactics and position when not under your control.
Other changes include better modelled physics for taking a shot on goal, which take into account everything from air pressure to the angle of your foot. Youre also able to create your own special moves to replicate every possible trick from real life. There are also new game modes including Be A Pro which challenges you to play the role of a single player through a whole season or career. On top of this there are revamped online leagues to play a virtual season in the Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division against real opponents. With 620 licensed teams, 30 offline leagues and 15,000 players as well FIFA might just have made enough new signings this year to put it over the top.
Harrison Dent See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Things that really irritate me in 08 are...
1. Shots always go straight at the goalkeeper, they have unreal positioning!
2. The keepers are awesome... when playing the computer, they usually make about 8-10 amazing saves
3. The commentary actually got worse... so many repeats, saying the wrong thing... and they don't say Eduardo's name! (I'm a gooner...)
4. The graphics should be better... Tevez looks even uglier than real life (I didn't think it was possible)I expected better on a next gen console (it is early days though)
5. The offside rule is a shambles on the game... things that should be onside get pulled up... after deflections from defenders and keepers e.t.c...
6. You can't save replays to the hard disk
7. heading towards goal in the box nearly always goes over
8. They've heavily Underrated the Arsenal side... Cesc Fabregas is 85 of 100.... what a joke.
Well after those problems, you'd have thought I wouldn't like the game... well it is just as fun as ever... The good things:
1. the through ball isn't as user friendly, you have to have vision and timing to use it, otherwise they are intercepted easily.
2. The physics are great... the ball feels really realistic and reacts like a real game.
3. Defending is easier. You can no longer just run past defenders with the ball. In 07 you could score from the kick-off by just running forward and shooting.
4. Scoring goals takes more patience, and build up. passing around to find gaps in defence and then going in for the kill is much more satisfying.
5. In 07 Wayne Rooney was some sort of wonder player...Read more ›
fifa 08 is by far the best fifa ever, for a simple reason...its fun!
i found all other fifa games dull and lifeless, but fifa 08 is excellent.
the graphics are outstanding from a distance, but you have to take the close ups with a pinch of salt, as obviously EA have concentrated on other things.
the greatest thing about this game is the new be a pro mode. yes, i know it doesn't have a season mode, but the online is great, and even the offline training has kept me amused for several hours.
the only poor aspect of this otherwise delightful game is the online mode.
i found it difficult to join a custom match and had to resort to constantly choosing the quick match option.
the online leagues are a nice touch though.
all in all i would have to give this game a solid 9 out of 10.
graphics - 8.5
gameplay - 8.5
presentation - 9.5
sound - 10 (great commentary from andy gray and martin tyler)
lasting appeal - 10
A few weeks later, i buy fifa 08 the day it came out (sept 28th) expecting major dissapointment, convincing myself that this game would be a mess and that i had been tricking myself. I played my first game which was everton v charlton ath. and once again i was stunned, the graphics playability, realism and ball physics where perfect, the attention to detail, even to the teams outside of the "big-four" and champions league looked fantastic, unique player styles and faces. i have not yet seen the "generic" look of a not so important player yet, everyone of them seems different, tweaked from the next, even in teams like barnsley, orlando pirates etc.
This game is a must buy for any football game fan, or for any fan of realistic games. The best so far and extremely heavy competition for this years pro evo, they'll have to work hard.
Thanks for reading.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
shooting - impossible
get fifa 09 or fifa 10
ok but albeit a little out of date now next to next gen console gamingPublished 19 months ago by smartgamesdotcom