Alice: Madness Returns (PS3)
Platform: PlayStation3|Edition: Standard|Format: Box|Change

on 23 November 2013
The graphics in this game are amazingly well crafted and anyone who says otherwise clearly has a poor television set.

The gameplay itself is slightly repetitive but the graphics and the story line make up for that entirely. I find myself fascinated by the beautifully designed backgrounds and buildings that are ever present in the game alongside the variation of voice actors (A Brummy Whale being one of them!) making the game incredibly enjoyable to play on the PS3.

The game follows closely to the Alice in Wonderland from our childhood, with the weapons of the hobby horse and the vorpal blade (mentioned in the Jabberwocky poem by LC himself) giving us enough similarities to conclude that clearly the developers wanted it to be similar enough to give you the impression that Alice is all grown up and, quite frankly, insane and badass.

I would recommend this game to someone who doesn't mind slightly repetitive actions and not so linear gameplay. I purchased this game on a whim and I am most certainly glad I did!
on 13 October 2017
Brilliant game still holds up today with many hours of game play and interesting graphical style.
I've completed the game
One person found this helpful
on 1 June 2013
The visuals, animation and voice acting in the game are pretty amazing, among the best I've ever seen in a video game. Playing the game actually inspired me watch the recent Tim Burton/Johnny Depp film. The main fault with the game is that at times it is a pretty average platforming game, with some annoying designs that inevitably cause Alice to fall to her doom and send you back to a checkpoint. Other than that, the game is a pleasure to play.
on 25 May 2014
Brilliant game for any one who likes Alice in wonderland with a twist. The best thing for this one was r came with a free version of the first Alice game. Any one who wants the know how this game came to happen would totally by from this seller
3 people found this helpful
on 14 December 2013
If you played the original and enjoyed it, enjoyed its quirky, often dark, and just plain weird designs, then this is more of the same and you will love it. Only now it looks better and its even more bizarre. You can't go wrong. Plenty of secrets to find, neat characters, flying pigs that you have to shoot with your pepper cannon. Eat me drink me shenanigans abound... Well, i'm enjoying it.
on 9 April 2012
I came back to gaming after a 5 year break.I started in the 80s with the classic spectrum games from Ultimate,onto the C64 and onwards.Games wise im hard to please.My all time favourites (for the time) were Tomb Raider,Zelda Ocarina of Time and Ico.
I left gaming because it became endless shooters etc.So to Alice.
This is one of the best games iv ever played.The story is amazing.Dark,dragging you in.The visuals are stunning.Music incredible.Its big.Its wonderfull.
It does have a couple of nagging points,mainly around the sometimes tough battles when you kill 15 enemies,have the last one about dead,then you die and they all re-spawn.BUT it really pushed me to learn the weapons better,and consider how to approach these situations.
All id say is stick with the game.Once you master the battles,and the "feel" youl get so much more from it.
A wonderfull game,where your on your own,not online blasting around.It kind of feels lonely,and in a great way.
Gaming needs games like these,different,clever and envolving.
At the price now its fantastic value.A superb game.
on 29 January 2015
Completed within a day, best game i have ever played and i am now trying to get all the trophies! Really worth the price! i can't begin to explain how amazing this is! You can even get the original game! you just go to the home screen on the game and there will be a bit about 'Mcgee' or something and when it says purchase, you 'purchase' it but you don't actually need to pay because it's free :)
on 11 November 2012
This game was recommended to me through someone on YouTube! I rented it first and thought it was so much fun I had to buy it.
Mostly, it's the graphics and characters in the game that make it so good. It's a return to the dark side of Alice in Wonderland and is bloody and disturbing at times... I probably wouldn't recommend it to your kids!
Gameplay was easy to master, and although a bit repetitive towards the end, it's satisfying to collect teeth and use the various weapons to advance through the boss levels.
on 12 December 2014
AH! i can't explain how much i love this game haha. I already platinumed it :P. and bought the DLC dresses and weapons. its so unusual and a bit gory, its super fun! i kinda hope they make another game like this
on 5 December 2013
Great condition even though second hand,even came with leaflets which was nice. The cover was pristine and the papers all correct, and no annoying price sticker to ruin the plastic , overall great .