- Also check our best rated Ps3 Game reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £2.03 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £1.99 UK delivery
Crysis 2 (PS3)
|Price:||£14.07 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- New York New York: Crysis set the visual benchmark for PC games that still stands today. Crysis 2 will redefine the benchmark on console and PC platforms, shifting their attention to the rich urban jungle of New York City
- Amazing Aliens and AI: Challenging best-in-class AI with unique group coordination and group behaviour systems which give realistic responses to your actions
- Nanosuit 2: Adapt your combat tactics by customising your Nanosuit and weapons in real time with revised modes, unlocking a variety of supersoldier abilities
- Multiplayer*: World-renowned multi-player shooter studio Crytek UK is going to reinvent multiplayer with the dynamic intensity of Nanosuit 2. By using Nanosuit technology the player has nearly unlimited ways to approach the dynamic combat environment
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Platform: PlayStation 3 | Edition: Standard Edition
The world has been ravaged by a series of climatic disasters and society is on the verge of total breakdown. Now the aliens have returned, with a full invasion force bent on nothing less than the total annihilation of mankind, starting by trying to rip the heart out of Earth's most iconic city. In New York, terrifying alien invaders stalk the streets and a nightmare plague strikes down the city's myriad inhabitants with brutal epidemic speed. The city's systems are in chaos, its streets and skyline are smashed and in flaming ruin. This is New York City like you've never seen it before. Neither paramilitary law enforcement nor the might of the US military machine can stand against the invaders, and all who choose not to flee are dead men walking. Just to survive in this maelstrom of death will require technology beyond anything any modern soldier has ever seen. One man will inherit that means to survive. One supersoldier, wielding the combat enhancement technology of the future with Nanosuit 2, will make the last stand to save humanity from destruction in the urban jungle that is New York City
New York is under alien attack as the tropical jungles of the original game give way to the concrete jungle of the Big Apple. The critically acclaimed Crysis series makes its first appearance on consoles and shows exactly why PC gamers have lauded it for its graphics and innovative gameplay.
New York is under attack from deadly alien invaders
|Use a wide range of weapons and the new Nanosuit 2|
|Crysis 2 features some of the best graphics ever seen|
|Turn the fully destructible terrain to your advantage|
Wearing the new Nanosuit 2 only you have the abilities and knowledge to combat the alien threat, even as you're also being hunted by human agents. Depending on your needs you can instantly tell the suit to augment your speed, strength or aiming accuracy - or even make yourself invisible.
Combine your powers at the right moment and you have the flexibility to take down any threat in your own unique style. Whether you stalk enemies with stealth takedowns, boost your strength to flatten them with parked cars or use the versatile range of guns and weaponary you can play the game anyway you want.Key Features
- World Crisis: Crysis comes to consoles for the first time as New York becomes the latest battleground in an alien takeover of planet Earth.
- Latest Fashion: The Nanosuit 2 gives you the flexibility to take on enemies however you want as it augments your strength and speed and even turns you invisible for short periods.
- Tactical Choice: Pick your own strategies as you explore the large open world levels - will you attack quietly and unseen or go for an all out assault with guns blazing?
- Photorealism: State-of-the-art graphics use the new CryEngine 3 technology to bring the most advanced visuals ever seen on consoles and the PC.
- Worthy Opponent: Advanced artificial intelligence powers every enemy, with humans and aliens all having vastly different reactions and tactics to combat your presence.
Although one of Germany's biggest games developers Crytek was actually founded by three Turkish brothers and has studios in Frankfurt, Ukraine, Hungary, Bulgaria, South Korea and England. Crytek are best known for high tech first person shooters such as the first Far Cry and Crysis. See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Let me just give you a top three 'good' points about this game:
1) The Nano Suit - simply brilliant how you can cloak (got to love that 'cloak engaged' voice!) and snap someone's neck the next moment.
2) The pace - at the start it is more sedate and you have less enemies to worry about, but by the end it builds to a crescendo. This is not something that many games do, and those which do this are often the most rewarding.
3) Weaponry - simply brilliant here, from simple assault rifles to rocket launchers. There is something for everyone. Also, the fact you can customise your weapons in real-time is a fantastic innovation and something I would like to see more games do in the future.
I bought the first Crysis a few days ago for 7.99 off PSN, and I'm hoping I'm as taken with it as I was with this. I'm sure a jungle setting will be different enough to New York City!
There is no denying that the game is a very solid first person shooter, the aiming is great and the weapons feel good. However, when the game itself feels so lifeless these strong elements cannot paper over the cracks. The story continues from the first game in the series, but it is banal and uninteresting that they needn't have bothered. The gameplay is also a little too samey throughout. Enter an area, scout for possibilities and then attack as you see fit - either stealth or power. This works well once or twice, but by the time you get to the 12th burnout city block it all becomes boorish.
Online the multiplayer is amongst the best that the 360 and PS3 has to offer, varied maps and the different ways to use your power armour means there are more tactics than you would think. However, once again the mode may be solid, but is just more of the same FPS action that has dominated the market for 15 years. There are not enough fresh ideas in either the solo or online game to push the game above the average.
Is `Crysis 2' worth playing? Certainly, it is one of the best looking and most solid FPS experiences on the 360/PS3, but be aware that you may become bored sooner than you think.
Everything seems to fit together perfectly, it's an ideal FPS and the scope for replay and expansion is massive. Can't wait for Crysis 3 basically!
Lets start from the bottom, the plot is brilliant. It starts with you as a normal marine and carries you through the game with you as the protagonist wearing a suit which makes him near invincible and continues to carry you through fighting massive aliens through to fighting 50 elite soldiers and ends on a somewhat happy ending which in all honesty is lost in most games. The main plot starts of with it being a fight for survival but progresses to you becoming humanities only hope at survival. Crysis 2 can be argued to be a stereotypical alien game where you fight for survival and then change in to some awesome fighting machine which is true because this does happen however the clever homage not to common alien games but to Resistance pays off with Crytek gaining inspiration from the aclaimed alien first person shooter. To summarise on the plot, it is clever and brilliant with the plot focusing more on politics than the actual aliens.
The graphics is next on my list. These are superb. That is all to say the graphics show realism and depth within your environment with the rubble of Manhattan as your backdrop and an alien swarm not but 5 metres away from you. The graphics keep the gamer entertained through the hours of gameplay, o certain occassions you will stop for a moment, look around the in game world and think damn this is good. Apart from the superb backdrop, the brilliance of the graphics is shown in the protagonist itself. The suit is were the graphics are shown the best with the focus on detail being perfect and the smooth transition from the two modes, stealth and armour being a highlight of the graphical perfection.
Moving on, the gameplay itself numbers at around 10-14 hours of action packed joy. It is smooth, it is slick, it works in a way which makes the plot even better. Certain moment require the gamer to use one of the two modes, stealth which makes the player near invisible and strength which makes the player near invincible. This mixed with the clever action scenarios make the gameplay worth while. The drastic change however is fighting elite soldiers at one point and then aliens at the next with the closing hours of the game becoming more and more desperate. This gameplay is added upon by the protagonist who remains silent throughout the game saying only 4 words throughout the entire game.
My concluding comment would be this is a perfect game for the singlepayer, I wish I could be more helpful for the multiplayer but I can't. The graphics, plot and gameplay all work in unison to produce one of the most surprisngly brilliant games in the gaming industry.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews