Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas Soul Playlist Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 13 May 2015
A very cost effective supplement to the IEE Regs, lots of good explanations accompanied by diagrams. I found the explanations and circuits for system testing particulalry helpful, since it explains the underlying principles and is much more than a "how to use" guide.
on 25 August 2017
A good help with explanation of 17th edition regs.
Good price.
on 27 January 2015
Unfortunately this one of those "must have" books if you work in the trade as I do. Nothing negative about this book of course but being an electrician means we are inundated by red tape that at times gets in the way of ones daily work load and let's be honest, we can't remember every rule, regulation and calculation and wading through the 17th ed can be time consuming to say the least!
However, help is at hand in this book. It basically condenses most of the information we generally need during our daily work into this small easy to use volume.
On the down side l think it is overpriced (which is why I've only given it 4 stars) as it will no doubt be out of date and require another update as more amendments are introduced to the 17th regs.
Would I recommend it to working electrician's? Yes, without doubt.
on 7 June 2012
John Whitfield has produced the latest 2012 third edition of his well established Electricians Guide with complete reference to BS7671 and Part P for the 17th Regs. The layout is well structured, clear, consistent and unambiguous, making it very easy to find the few bits you are specifically interested in right now without having to wade through all the rest of the book.

It has an excellent Contents Table, large Index, useful Cross-reference Index (Regs ref number to guide chapter and section) and an essential Abbreviations Glossary. Best of all, the text and diagrams are easy to follow and cover all the practical and theoretical elements of the 17th Regs without confusing the issues.

I first bought a Whitfield for the 15th Regs back in 1989; that was a breath of fresh air compared with the massive tomes in our technical library containing the Regs themselves. That copy, even with its reinforced binding, was slim enough to fit the back pocket of my jeans for me to take on site to be able to discuss the quality of the contractors work with them. This new copy is bigger, and requires a wider anorak pocket, or a briefcase, and the binding might suffer more from the inevitable damp, but those are my only criticisms!

For peace of mind, buy this. It is so easy to use, and yet it has all the relevant information required by any member of the building team, be they wireman, foreman, installation design engineer, project manager or architect.

If you feel the need to argue cases with a lazy contractor then perhaps you might also need the IET On-Site Guide as well, but most will accept Whitfield's wise words.
on 2 March 2014
The guide book has updated me with the latest electrical regulations and it can easily be carried while in the tool bag
as a reference.
on 8 January 2014
i bought this because i was doubtful of an electricians work and this book gave me a very easy way of confirming my suspicions. the book is clear and concise and goes in sufficient depth without overload. i have since found it useful in planning a number of projects
on 15 February 2013
Needed to gain better understanding of the 17th edition and this guide was perfect, well written and illustrated. Would recommend this book to all electricians.
on 8 November 2013
Very good book. I should have got this a long time ago.
It is very handy for my studies, so hope to pass.
on 21 April 2014
Hi I brought this for my dad for a present that he wanted with being a retired electrian want to read it
on 6 February 2015
Despite saying "Updated February 2014" on the front cover, this book does not appear to cover the April 2013 Amendment to Part P. Now I know this is not a book specifically about Part P, but chapter 11 is about Part P and it defines notifiable work and special locations that are clearly out of date with the Amendment.