on 28 October 2006
This book is comprehensive, clear and concise It is easy to read and covers all major areas of UK domestic wiring law (including Part P)as well as theory and practice. It is illustrated with excellent colour diagrams. I have read many books on this subject but this is the one that I would least do without.
on 18 January 2007
We teach the Bpec Part P Defined Scope here at PPL Plumbing Training in York. This book is an excellent resource so students on the 5 day Part P course. The diagrams are clear and uncomplex which makes it easy for students to understand all electrical safety aspects. We would highly recommend this book to all taking a Part P course.
on 2 June 2005
Don't get me wrong I'm not an expert I'm having a career change and needed some reference material. So far I have found this book to be easy to read and understand. The sample circuits are clear, in colour and will be useful to anyone who has not seen or installed one before. It's a ring bound book as well with a circuit diagram key built into the cover so good for on site work, just don't go out in the rain, but then we're a leckies, we don't do damp.
on 18 October 2010
Excellent book, however it is out of date, I spent 19 quid on this only to find out that the updated version is also for sale http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electricians-Guide-Building-Regulations-Wiring/dp/0863418627/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_i This version should be removed from Amazon & I should get the update free !
on 21 December 2007
I wouldn't be without this book - it's so clear to use.
A generous helping of diagrams make it far more user-friendly than the On-Site Guide or BS7671. Very helpful if you do electrical work on a professional basis. It's a shame that the wiring regs have to read like a phone directory compared to books like this.
on 7 June 2009
Well presented facts encompassing different aspects of the same subject in one book. An excellent guide.
on 18 March 2010
This book is well set out and easy to follow, an excellent reference book for anyone looking to carry out electical work in the home.
on 21 October 2012
Very useful I have kept it in my van for over 6 months and referred to it on various occasions.
on 12 March 2015
My son used this while studying electrical engineering
on 24 February 2016
Had to buy as electrician and need the regs