- Hardcover: 514 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 5th Revised edition edition (11 Dec. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047068268X
- ISBN-13: 978-0470682685
- Product Dimensions: 17.3 x 3.2 x 25.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 362,663 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Electric Power Systems 5e Hardcover – 11 Dec 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Electric power systems are going through a period of dramatic change with the need to reduce environmental impact, provide a secure supply of power to an increasing world population while aging infrastructure and equipment in many established systems needs replacing. Today′s student has to understand both the large amount of plant and equipment that is in use as well as the possibilities offered by new technologies.
Now comprehensively updated and revised, the fifth edition of this classic textbook provides a modern foundation in power systems engineering. The emphasis on practical analysis, modeling and fundamental principles, so successful in previous editions, is retained together with broad coverage of the subject while avoiding complex mathematics. Throughout, the worked examples and computer simulations used to explain concepts and calculation techniques have been modernised, as have all figures.
Features of the fifth edition:
- Examples of the use of power system simulation programs illustrating fundamental principles
- Revised chapters on load flow, systems stability and electrical transients
- Extended coverage of developments in HVDC including the use of voltage source converters
- A new chapter on power system economics
- Examination of substations and Gas Insulated Switchgear
- Extensive worked examples and end–of–chapter problems to facilitate learning
Offering enhanced, clear and concise explanation of practical applications, this updated edition will ensure that Electric Power Systems continues to be an invaluable resource for senior undergraduates in electrical engineering.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It's the version for the South Asia countries.
What is good is that it is very handy and light.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electrical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering