- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Elders And Betters Paperback – 5 Jun 1997
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"A superb collection of portraits, sketched with all the visual power of a practitioner of painting; and though anecdotes abound it is also a contemplative work held together by a firmly disciplined vision" (Hugh Cecil Spectator)
"He confesses that he found it difficult to write about people whom he knew so well, but nobody has described them better...His book displays affection, great good humour and impeccable taste...Its purpose is not to preach, but to entertain. It certainly does" (Nigel Nicolson Daily Telegraph)
The artist, critic and writer Quentin Bell here provides a remarkable collection of pen portraits - of his parents Vanessa and Clive; of his aunt and uncle, Virginia and Leonard Woolf; of Roger Fry, E. M. Forster, Ottoline Morrell, Maynard Keynes, Lytton Strachey and many more.See all Product description
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > Biography > Artists, Architects & Photographers
- Books > Biography > Essays, Journals & Letters
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Essays, Journals & Letters
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism