- Paperback: 1117 pages
- Publisher: Prima Games; Pap/Pstr edition (4 Jun. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0307895505
- ISBN-13: 978-0307895509
- Product Dimensions: 20.4 x 4.3 x 27.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (254 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 189,216 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Legendary Edition (Prima Official Game Guides) Paperback – 4 Jun 2013
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
- Organised into clear sections covering races and abilities, weapons, armour, magic, all the quests, and maps of all the dungeons and major outdoor locations.
- Folding map of Skyrim and Solstheim with every location marked.
- Index of quests by name (very handy) and main index for everything else.
- Mentions other quests or important tidbits during each quest - e.g. don't kill this guy if you want to come back on X quest and find his sword etc. (again super helpful)
- Covers the Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn DLCs comprehensively
Dawnguard quests and locations covered
Large section on building your own house with the Hearthfire add-on
Maps of Solstheim and related locations and all Dragonborn quests detailed
- This is a massive book - about the size of a telephone directory - and as it is paperback, and printed on flimsy telephone directory style paper, you can't really balance it on you and read it at your leisure. It works much better if you've got it on a flat surface and are just flicking through to check the occasional thing.
- There are spelling mistakes but to be honest in a 1100+ page guide that can be forgiven!
In short, you need this in your life. Even if you're the sort of person who wants to experience the game with no spoilers there are times when you will get lost or frustrated and without this book you'd have to resort to internet forums or give up!
-1117 pages of everything you'll ever want to know about Skyrim & it's DLC, from details on every quest, guild member, enemies to skills & perks etc...
-Pull out map charting all key locations.
-Detailed colored pictures & easy to read text on nice quality paper.
-It weighs a lot, that only a true Dragonborn may lift it (not much hope of relaxing with this on your own throne ;-P).
In conclusion, i'm very happy with the book, despite my own extensive in game experience it has still managed to teach me a thing or two, helping me find new locations, quests & tips on fighting styles etc... It's simply just a pleasure to read in the comfort of your own home. Highly recommended.
For the sake of depth, I have broken down this review into components.
CHARACTER CREATION AND TRAINING
The Guide goes straight into the nitty gritty. It illustrates effectively the ten different races and the important strengths and weaknesses of each. Even better, the game provides a number of helpful archetype characters, demonstrating the various ways to create an effective and yet individual character. The Guide provides information on the various starting abilities, spells, skills and so on which each character can use.
Alongside each racial breakdown, there is a "Tip" breakdown, with a handy evaluation on whether the starting Skills and spells are truly worth going for.
The Guide follows this section with a breakdown of what the Skills and Perks are for each character and what they mean for you when you are playing the game. The Guide's thoroughness may be seen as a flaw for some- there is a hell of a lot of information here to be going on with- but it ensures that even a complete novice to RPG games will understand exactly what a "skill" is (not all players will!).
The Guide then goes on to provide over 50 pages of in-depth hints on how to get the most out of your character: from mining to enchanting, alchemy to the most complex battle tactics, and from buying a house to becoming a vampire, this ensures you really get the most out of your gaming experience.
BESTIARYS AND INVENTORIES
Yet again, the game provides an extremely comprehensive list of all characters, potions, apparel, weapons, food items, enemies (and so on!) you will encounter in the game.Read more ›
Anyway back to the review, the amount of information in the guide is amazing. Everything you need just about. The game IMHO is amazing. Downside of the manual is the index. It's a mere eight pages out of a massive Six Hundred and sixty five.
On the absolute basic level of the game, if you want to know what your Quest entails, you would like to see the details?
There are hundreds of quests in the game, you would like to go to the index look up the quest name and go to the beginning of the quest, it is certainly " cheating " but we are not all the uber rpg player, we need help.
If you look in the index for your quest , forget it, not there. The quest is in the guide and in perfect detail, you just have to thumb through the 200 pages of detailed quests in the guide
Would not be without it, wish the author had been given the time to index it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love it! lovely service and good quality book all and all a good reviewPublished 4 months ago by Raif
This book was decribed as good condition and I can tell ypu it was in perfect condition not a.scratch and it came with map which I didnt expect thank you very muchPublished 6 months ago by Craig Hoseason
it was very helpful and informative guide and the quality was greatPublished 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
It basically tells you how to do everything and where to find everything.Published 9 months ago by Charles Farningham-Smythe