Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Learn More Shop Women's Shop Men's
Customer Discussions > Threads [DVD] [1984] forum

On The Eighth Day BBC documentary followed Threads-any

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Jun 2012, 13:21:54 BST
Hi, does anyone know of any place to source a copy of "On The Eighth Day" BBC documentary. It was a documentary about the effects of nuclear winter and was shown the day after Threads in the UK. Here is what I know. Broadcast BBC2 in UK on 24 September 1984, a day after Threads was first broadcast on BBC1. It is episode 119 of the BBC's Natural World series which started in 1983! Its US TV Premiere was on WTBS from 8PM EDT to 905PM EDT and again 27 January 1985 435PM EDT to 340PM EDT. Based on this I am estimating it is about 50minutes in length which sounds right for a BBC documentary in 1984. No media release anywhere. Even checked You Tube and found nothing relating directly to it. I checked TorrentReactor.net and some TV links I have bookmarked but nothing came up. BBC Programmes website also has no entry but that is far from a complete database so far.

Me and a friend of mine in the States would like to see it but cant seem to find it available anywhere even to view online.

Anyone know?

Posted on 21 Jun 2013, 18:55:03 BST
E. Marks says:
Hello,

I'm looking for the same documentary! Any luck finding it?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2013, 18:48:30 GMT
Eric Walker says:
Sell on Amazon: A Guide to Amazon's Marketplace, Seller Central, and Fulfillment by Amazon Programs
This was not made by BBC but by Thames Television. I know this because we sold this on behalf of Thames Television until we lost the contract. We ( Concord Media) have other DVDs on this subject.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Dec 2013, 19:06:06 GMT
S A Moran says:
You're thinking of an entirely different set of programmes made in 1970. As initial poster said, the BBC programme is about nuclear winter, and was broadcast in 1984

Posted on 19 Dec 2013, 19:27:11 GMT
Eric Walker says:
Yes you are quite right. Our film was called 'And on the Eighth Day' and was a pioneer film on ecology.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jan 2014, 07:10:42 GMT
MEGATØN says:
We tracked it down on VHS and got it uploaded to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCTKcd2Ko98
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  24 Jun 2012
Latest post:  26 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Threads [VHS] [1984]
Threads [VHS] [1984] by Karen Meagher (VHS Tape - 2000)
4.8 out of 5 stars (331)