Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 June 2017
Beautiful book! My daughter was thrilled. The quality was amazing for a pre owned copy, especially as the book has photos, maps etc that can be removed. The price was fantastic and the book arrived in the timescale given.
I would highly recommend both the book and the seller.
on 5 June 2017
Amazing, l didn't know what to expect but item was in a lovely condition, grand daughter very pleased.
on 23 March 2017
we bought this many years ago when first published for our children and happy to be able to buy for our grandchildren. As we have been to al the sites in the book it makes it come alive more when discussing the life at that time. We would recommend to any age to purchase
on 23 July 2017
Bought as gift. Fantastic
on 30 April 2017
We all love this book, especially my 5 year old.
on 18 March 2017
Amazing book. Fantastic quality with lots of things inside to feed the imagination. Very happy
on 9 December 2004
I am a Primary teacher, and I bought this book for my class, as we're studying Egypt next term. I think it's absolutely brilliant for the 8-11 age range, as there's so much that they can do. They loved Dragonology, and I think that this book is even better!
on 7 February 2005
I wasn't even aware that this book was supposed to be for children when I first saw it in the shops. Having seen me admire it, my girlfriend bought it for me last Christmas.
I adore it. I've never seen a book so lovingly put together and beautifully illustrated. Despite being short, a lot of work clearly went into this work. Reading it is like walking through a museum full of ancient Egyptian artifacts and treasures. An absolute must for anybody with an interest in ancient Egypt or novelty books.
on 28 June 2014
Took my nine year old to British museum at Easter were we came apon some books which I must admit I could not afford
But once back home I was able to purchase for her at the bargin price of 1p plus £2.80 p&p on the internet sadly I guess that's why shops are having a hard time but what can you do as a buyer? It only took 5 days from ordering to arrive to my home. My kids very much into Egyptology this book is well presented and an enjoyable read for a young person interested in this part of history.
on 10 November 2008
This was the first of this type of book bought for my daughter about a year ago, who is now 10. One turn of the front page and both of us were hooked. These are beautiful works of art, combined with lots of information and little flaps and envelopes to add to the experience.

The appeal of these books are that they are ageless, although a very young child would need to be watched as they are fragile and bits could easily be lost or damaged.

I don't think we will ever want to get rid of these books as they are so appealing and we have subsequently gone on to buy many others in the series such as Mythology, Wizardology, Dragonology etc.all highly recommended.