on 3 January 2017
This book was so helpful when we traveled through Egypt. I particularly remember it guided us to a couple of amazing restaurants and after a particularly bustled day, a shop with an uncharacteristically quiet shopkeeper, which was a relief after being yelled at by people in the market! Egypt is an incredible country and I'd love to return... when I go, I'll be taking this book with me again!
One person found this helpful
on 20 October 2013
Bought this for my last vist to Eygpt,last year. The information was very good and pointed me in the right directions to help me enjoy my stay.
My rating being low is more because while in Luxor it was nearly impossible to walk in the streets and enjoy the sights without being plagued by sellers every few yards.
I will purchase other country guides in the future from the lonely planet range but will probably not return to Eygpt.
One person found this helpful
on 9 April 2016
Great lonely planet book and really helped us plan our Egypt trip. It was invaluable whilst there as were the maps
on 23 May 2011
I like Lonely Planet guides and this was no exception. I spend a lot of time before trips going through these guides to maximise the time I am there. Sorting out what excursions are must do and which are not is best done at home with plenty of time rather than under the pressure of a tourist/sales guide.
on 13 August 2015
it really helpt. I cut pages out I needed and throw it away while I travel. great
on 13 June 2014
liked : generally good guide
disliked: not detailed enough. Should be more on how to find entrances &c (the perimeter of a site can be miles) details about getting boats ferries & cruises (where & how much) and why don't they tell you the airport prices & what the duty free is like?
on 27 June 2015
Valuable pre-holiday reading
on 3 May 2013
Very in-depth, but a lot of it wasn't used during my holiday. Great history and background, which makes good reading, nonetheless.
on 17 February 2015
Good reference book
on 4 May 2012
A very good guide book. We used several recommendations from the book and they proved to be spot on. We always use the Lonely Planet guides when going on holiday.