Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Egg Clacker - The No Mess Egg Topper
|Price:||£10.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Perfectly clean edges and no broken shell in your egg.
- Dimensions: 4cm dia x 14cm
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Simply lift the spring-loaded ball top and release. A mini shockwave travels down the steel rod and neatly cracks the top off your egg with perfectly clean edges and no broken shell pieces in your egg. Makes a great gift.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The clacker works by cracking the shell in a perfect ring, but it does not puncture the membrane. The photograph is therefore a bit misleading as the clacker does not actually remove the top of the egg - you have to do that yourself with a knife or teaspoon in order to cut through the membrane. You are then left with a nicely accessible dippy egg free of shell fragments and jagged edges.
Things I have learned about using this clacker:
- Do not clack a second time if it looks as though it hasn't done much. It has, and your egg might collapse in a splurgy heap of woe especially if the white is on the soft side.
- Do not clack your egg in a tightly-fitting egg cup with sharp edges, or you'll get a double clack (one at the top from the clacker and one at the bottom from the edge of the egg cup). Because the membrane is not pierced this is not as disastrous as the twice-clacked egg noted above, but it can make things tricky all the same.
- Do hold the clacker firmly to the egg whilst clacking, but not so firmly that you smash it.
- Remove the top of the egg carefully with your knife or teaspoon. The egg clacker is not magic and so your yolk has the same chance as always of splurging out and running down the side. It probably has a higher chance, actually, since the cut the clacker makes is further down the side of the egg than I would put it with my teaspoon if doing this manually and thus the yolk is more likely to be clack-line adjacent.Read more ›
The clacker is great at cracking the egg *shell* but will not crack the egg *membrane*. Contrary to what the picture on the box (and this item) shows, it will not take the top of the egg clean off. After cracking the shell you will still need a knife to cut the membrane and remove the top of the egg.
I've only had once instance out of probably 20 eggs where it didn't crack the egg cleanly, otherwise it's worked perfectly.
And, as another reviewer has already mentioned, if you do that while the egg is held in a rigid cup then the egg gets topped at both ends. In fact in my case the eggcup end was clacked perfectly, but it was pretty much all that was left of the egg!
With a bit of practice I've found that the egg is best held firmly and gently in your hand (use a paper towel if the egg is too hot), pull the clacker out about 75%, and let go. You'll know it worked because the clacker is now attached to the egg. A little pull (don't grip the egg too hard) and the perfect end pulls off, leaving the membrane behind. Proceed from there as you wish!
It takes a bit of getting used to, but after that I've found it to be much more consistent than using a knife or spoon. And the results are more elegant too of course.
The instructions are very simple, put on top of the egg, pull up the knob and let go, it will be perfect every time. That's where i think the knack comes in because mine hasn't been perfect every time. It was perfect the first time, another time the egg exploded but more than not it seems to get stuck but doesn't quite take the top off, it just serates the top so if you just put your knife in it will come off without any little bits of shell which isn't how they promote it. I will not give up as i am quite close so i will keep practising.
This little gadget is fantastic, it cuts a 'perfik' circle round the egg which makes it easier to remove the shell. if only it could cut the skin off the egg it would make it better. You have to hold the egg firmly though, especially the raw ones.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Arrived on time and it actually works it just needs a little practice! Word of warning if you like soft boiled eggs do not lift ball as far as it can go ! Read morePublished 4 months ago by Vince Q.
Terrible product. Chips of ceramic fly off when you follow the directions. These chips are very sharp , one hit me in the face. In my opinion this product is dangerous.Published 5 months ago by JACQUI BROWN
Not what I was expecting, cracks she'll that's it, pretty rubbishPublished 5 months ago by Stephanie
one egg smashed to pieces the other took 4 attemps . back to our old method.Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer