- Paperback: 496 pages
- Publisher: Adobe; Pap/Psc edition (21 July 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0321934695
- ISBN-13: 978-0321934697
- Product Dimensions: 18.7 x 2.2 x 23 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 396,018 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Adobe After Effects CC Visual Effects and Compositing Studio Techniques Paperback – 21 Jul 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Mark Christiansen (christiansen.com) is a visual effects supervisor and creative director and has worked on features including Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, and Beasts of the Southern Wild, and has served as a director, producer, designer, and compositor/animator on commercials, music videos, live events, and television documentary productions. Mark has done work directly for the Adobe After Effects development and marketing teams, is a founder at provideocoalition.com, and has taught courses at fxphd.com and Academy of Art University. He has been a guest host of popular podcasts such as “The VFX Show” and has written all editions of this book and coauthored After Effects 5.5 Magic. Mark is also founder of New Scribbler Press.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Overall an excellent book, but if you're just starting out - try the Meyer book or online training.
If you want to suddenly get some of the more advanced topics, this is the best book I've seen and there were quite a few "eureka" moments reading it.
AE is complex and full of tools that you may never use. Unfortunately this book does nothing to enlighten the casual or semi-pro user as to the whereabouts or structure of the use of tools within AE.
This book is ideal for those with a strong and full understanding of AE but is definitely NOT FOR THE BEGINNER!!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Now the really bad.....
The Kindle edition does not have a download code in the back of the book for the lesson files. I have contacted Peachpit, but they keep saying it is in the back of the book. They are not. I have used plenty of Kindle books with Peachpit download codes and none exist in this book. I did find the previous book's (CS6) download files after searching online for a while, but I believe they may differ a bit from this new one.
Until I can get the download files the book is only somewhat helpful. I would normally give it 4 stars, but they gave me an incomplete product. When they do I will revise my review.
They acknowledged the missing download codes finally and sent them to me. They also stated the Kindle version would be updated.
The book is worth-while if you don't have the previous version. I don't think there is enough different to warrant a successive purchase. Just look up the changes online to rotoscoping, etc. If you don't have the previous version or AE is still a bit new to you, then it is worthwhile.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Video
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Animation & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Computers & Film