- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 866 KB
- Print Length: 166 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: David Fulton Publishers; 2 edition (19 Dec. 2013)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00HFTU9J6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #688,621 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£24.99|
Save £1.72 (7%)
Effective Intervention in Primary Schools: Nurture Groups 2nd , Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 166 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The core of the book remains largely untouched - it still offers those new to Nurture Groups all the background information needed to make sense of the principals, policies and practice of the groups.
Read these chapters and learn:
·The timetable for a typical Nurture Group day ·How the children are chosen for a group ·How Nurture Groups fit into the ethos of the whole school ·Expected outcomes and benefits for children who have been in Nurture groups.
Apart from the new introductory chapter, what else is new? A significant new chapter has been added titled Nurture Groups in the New Century. Marion Bennathan has in these chapters moved closer to the theory behind the magic. Links are described between the instinctive good practice of teachers and recent research in the areas of attachment theory and neuropsychology. The distinctiveness of a Nurture Group is described and at the end of the book there is the promise of further evaluation studies being completed by the Cambridge Nurture Group Project.
Use this book to:
·inspire your teaching or work with children ·write a proposal for setting up a Nurture Group ·prepare training materials, and ·influence head teachers and policy makers.
I did! The first edition proved to be an authoritative tool in helping establish Nurture Groups. This second edition will, I am sure, prove more useful still.
The magic has been spoken; the genie is out of the bottle and who knows where this new edition will spirit us? And if Nurture Groups continue to grow at this rate then a third edition can't be far off! Buy it while you can.
(All royalties from book sales go to promote the work of Nurture Groups - so by buying the books for your friends you are supporting the spread of the project).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Child & Developmental Psychology
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching Aids & Educational Material
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Education > Education Theory
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Education > Primary