- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done Hardcover – 24 Jan 2017
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
What makes an effective executive?
For decades, Peter F. Drucker has been widely regarded as "the dean of this country's business and management philosophers" (Wall Street Journal). In this concise and brilliant work, he looks to the most influential position in management--the executive.
The measure of the executive, Drucker reminds us, is the ability to "get the right things done." This usually involves doing what other people have overlooked and avoiding what is unproductive. In an executive position, intelligence, imagination, and knowledge may all be wasted without the acquired habits of mind that mold them into results.
Drucker identifies five practices essential to business effectiveness that can--and must--be mastered:
- Managing time
- Choosing what to contribute to the organization
- Knowing where and how to mobilize strength for best effect
- Setting the right priorities
- Knitting all of them together with effective decision-making
Ranging across the annals of business and government, Drucker demonstrates the distinctive skill of the executive and offers fresh insights into old and seemingly obvious business situations.
About the Author
Peter F. Drucker is considered the most influential management thinker ever. The author of more than twenty-five books, his ideas have had an enormous impact on shaping the modern corporation. Drucker passed away in 2005.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only negative thing i can say is that this book can be a little hard to get into, you can see the person that wrote it has high level of seeing things and didnt write it in a way that everyone would understand clearly and the avarage joe might find it a bit hard reading and understanding
1. Effective executives know where their time goes.
2. Effective executives focus on outward contribution
3. They build on strengths
4. They concentrate on the few major areas where superior performance will produce outstanding results
5. They make effective decisions.
This is not a manual on how to be effective but it is a classic and interesting book and a joy to read.