Edwin Jagger Pure Badger Hair Shaving Brush - Imitation Ivory
|Price:||£20.65 (£20.65 / each) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£0.35 (2%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Ivory coloured plastic moulded handle
- Pure badger shaving brush
- Entry level shaving brush ideal for new shaver
- Massages and exfoliates skin during lathering
- Creates a good lather for wet shaving
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
This ivory-coloured, pure badger hair-filled shaving brush with moulded plastic handle and Edwin Jagger logo is an entry level shaving brush and excellent value for money. For a new or experienced shaver wishing to try a shaving brush for the first time this will be the answer. Pure badger hair has the ability to absorb hot water during the shave so it will ensure an effective lathering performance for your daily shave with either Edwin Jagger natural, paraben-free shaving cream or shaving soap. This Edwin Jagger shaving brush comes packaged in an acetate box with wet shaving and care instructions to ensure longevity.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Badger hair is the preferred material for a shaving brush, it has natural water absorbing capability helping to create a great lather. There are basically four grades of badger hair brushes, but there is no industry standard. This is the lowest grade of pure badger hair however it still leaves other pure and mixed bristle brushes behind due to its quality of hair.
The following are some tips for the newbie to natural hair shaving brushes.
1. It is common for a few hairs from any brush to come out, this usually stops after a month (breaking in period) the knot (resin) of the average shaving brush contains thousands of badger hairs which means that two or three hairs falling out is to be expected from a new brush within the breaking in period and really is a very small percentage.
2. Another reason hairs may come out is if the water is too hot, this can damage the hairs so Soak the brush in warm water for about a minute or so, any thing less than a minute and the hairs may be too dry and can break especialy when new.
3. Rinse out thoroughly after use and hang to dry in an open space.
4. Wash the new shaving brush with a shampoo, preferably an animal shampoo before use, this will help you break in the new brush, and help remove any new brush smell, it's also recomended to do this twice a year to clean and condition the brush to mprove its longevity.
I'm slightly alarmed by the previous reviewer that mentioned his brush falling apart, but so far mine shows no sign of doing so!
Ah! There it is! The bit with the bristles in has indeed fallen out! After a little less than a year.
Still, you know, bit of glue and it's working fine again...
I now look forward to my shaving ~ I also bought a Double Edged Razor to replace the multiple ones we have had foisted onto us ~ for the first time in twenty years. The brush has a lot to do with that. Highly recommended.
And it came very quickly from the suppliers so I am really happy with recommending this item to everyone.
SINCE THE ABOVE WAS WRITTEN: 18 months have passed. Today I noticed that the handle has developed a crack in the plastic. Makes me a little disappointed. Cracks harbour germs - not happy about this. 28 February 2013.
SF120-Shaving Factory Double Edge Safety Razor and 10 Derby Extra Double Edge Razor Blades. Great Christmas Gift Set For Men.
Wilkinson Sword Blades Classic Double-Edged Razor +5 Blades
I wasn't going to bother writing this review (I mean, it's just a SHAVING BRUSH, for Pete's sake, not a piece of cutting-edge tech or a blockbuster novel), but I've been using mine daily for a couple of months now, and I just realised this morning: Not even one single hair has fallen out. Seriously, not one! Your mileage will probably vary - I'm sure I've just been lucky - but I just thought I'd mention it.
Admittedly my only previous experience of shaving brushes involved the cheap & nasty 'bristle' variety, and this is my first badger brush, but I have to say that I'm VERY impressed by this brush - it does a great job at creating lather, it's comfortable to use - firm-ish, but great at getting the suds to the stubble- and it even looks cool (I bought a little stand for mine).
Oh, and did I mention that it doesn't stink and hasn't fallen apart? :)
Get this and treat it properly (a good rinse after shaving, a bit of a shake, a gentle rub on a towel, then hang it upside down to dry), and I really don't think you'll be disappointed.
PS - October 24 - I've just come back several months after posting the above review to say that the brush has been used daily, is still performing perfectly and doesn't yet appear to have lost a single hair!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Doesn't last very long before the hairs fall out. Mine lasted about 3 months.Published 5 months ago by Maxwell Scott-Slade
This was good when I first got it but after about a year the head cam away from the handle - I have used PTFE tape (the white tape plumbers use to seal a joint) to make the join... Read morePublished 8 months ago by x_guru
For the price this is really good quality and still going strong today. I would say don't go for cheaper brushes as you get what you pay for and this has lasted for ages.Published 9 months ago by dinoyoshi
Months later and this is still going strong, with barely any bristles having fallen out and consistent use (female). Feels good on the skin and lathers well.Published 14 months ago by Cara Brown
Has lasted ages with minimal hair loss from brush, came loose from handle but easily glued back in, recommend for the pricePublished 15 months ago by MR MJ GRAVES