- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Educational Games for Soft-Skills Training in Digital Environments: New Perspectives (Advances in Game-Based Learning) Hardcover – 8 Jan 2017
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
About the Author
Dr.Elena Dell’Aquila is a clinical psychologist with a specialisation in Organisational Psychology and Human Resource Management & Development.
Her research expertise has a strong focus on psychological modelling of soft skills underling role-playing simulation scenarios and development and design of educational and learning methodologies and tools promoting effective users interaction with new technologies, with a particular interest in serious games- avatar based online role play; E-learning through role-play simulations for enhancing soft skills; design and implementation of interactive E-learning objects and development of storyboards to support users’ interaction within the simulation environments. In addition she has expertise in the field of Human Resources Management as assessor and trainer, as she has been responsible for designing and delivering development training and coaching solutions for several organisations and contexts, as well as, identifying, designing and assessing specific interventions to support final users’ needs.
Dr.Davide Marocco is Associate Professor in Psychometric at the University of Naples with a consolidated research expertise in artificial intelligent and cognitive modelling. His current research is targeted on advanced application of cognitive modelling for the definition and development of novel and innovative procedures for psychological measurement. In 2013 he was awarded an EU KA3 Lifelong Learning Project, ENACT, for the development of an Artificial Intelligent System for teaching Negotiation. Dr Marocco has produced more than 80 scientific international publications and is member of several scientific committees for international conferences and journals, and has been invited internationally for presenting his research.
Dr.Michela Ponticorvo has a degree in Psychology and a Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence. She collaborated in many European research projects on education technology at both the Natural and Artificial Cognition Laboratory at University of Naples “Federico II” and at the Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technologies (ISTC) of the Italian National Research Council (CNR).
Her research expertise is mainly focused on psychological modelling using Artificial Life and Evolutionary Robotics techniques in the areas of spatial representations and learner-teacher interaction. Moreover she is interested in design and development of educational scenarios using enhanced materials and its application in formal and informal contexts. She has authored many scientific international publications, also in collaboration with book co-authors.
Dr Andrea Di Ferdinando is a researcher and entrepreneur. His research activity at the University of Naples “Federico II” concentrates mainly on Artificial Intelligence techniques and methodologies and their applications to several domains such as e-Learning, Videogames, Serious Games, and Intelligent Tutor Systems. As an entrepreneur, he co-founded the company Aidvanced s.r.l., with the aim of creating innovative technology-enhanced solutions, applying the methodologies and techniques developed in his research activity.
Massimiliano Schembri has a degree in Psychology and a technical background in computer science. He has a strong experience and expertise in the design and implementation of educational games and simulations in contexts as various as emergency management and business decision making. In 2012 he co-founded a private company Aidvanced with the aim of developing commercial level applications in the field of technology enhanced learning.Professor Orazio Miglino, full professor at University of Naples, is also the President of Italian Association of Cognitive Sciences and associate researcher at the Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technologies of Italian National Research Council (ISTC-CNR). Prof. Miglino has coordinated numerous projects in the LLP program both for ISTC-CNR (Learn2Lead, T3, SINAPSI, SISINE) and for University of Naples (EUTOPIA-MT, DREAD-ED). His research has a strong focus on the following areas: i) development of Neuro-Psychological models with Artificial Life and Evolutionary Robotics techniques; ii) Design and implementation of technologies to enhance cognitive processes (learning, memory, problem solving, decision making, etc.) and support psychological practices (education, training, rehabilitation, entertainment, play, etc.).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Human Resources Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Training
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Coaching & Mentoring
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Career Guidance
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Child & Developmental Psychology
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Classroom Management
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching Aids & Educational Material
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies