on 31 July 2014
I've been playing Jungle Speed on and off since 2008, but I always had to depend on having friends that had the game. Not anymore! I decided to buy it for myself and promote it among my new friends (I move around quite often, so I constantly change groups) and I've been very successful because the game is a lot of fun and very easy to learn. After a few rounds of failures, everyone learns it and knows what to do.

The game itself relies on good observation skills and good reflexes. The two keywords here are "Jungle" and "Speed", meaning that the game must be played at a fast pace to be truly enjoyable and it is the rule of the jungle, meaning any dirty play/"violence" when grabbing the totem is allowed!

For this particular edition of the game, the ideal number of players is 4-5, with a minimum of 3 and maximum of 6, because of the number of cards. I am getting the expansion just to add some difficulty and the possibility of playing with more people.

If you're on the fence about this game, just get it, you'll love it. A game takes around 15-20 minutes maximum, so you don't need a long attention span or a long evening to explain the rules and play. It is also quite small, so you can take it with you when you travel. You don't really need a table to play it on, it can be done very well on the floor, in the park, on a 4-seat table on the train etc. I cannot praise this game enough.
on 24 May 2012
We bought this to play with our 6, 8 and 10 year old boys. They love the game. Although the youngest is still a bit slower than the others mostly, he is still able to play with us and even Mum and Dad make mistakes at times, earning themselves a pile of cards!
The game is snap, but with a difference. When you make a match of the shapes (and be careful some are very similar but NOT the same!) you grab the totem and give your cards to the other player.....make a mistake and grab it when you don't have a match and you get EVERYONES cards. The winner is the first to get rid of all their cards and special cards like "colour match" make it all the more interesting. Packs up small in it's own bag for an easy to take on holiday game. All in all a good buy.
on 27 October 2011
This has to be the most stressful yet hilarious game I've ever played! It really put your speed and reflex skills to the test. This game will fill the quiet Christmas nights with laughter and most likely swear words. Just remember one thing, never, EVER grab the totem by mistake *sob*
VINE VOICEon 28 June 2014
Jungle Speed is a fast action, fast thinking card game, sort of like snap. It is really about paying attention and quick reflexes. The totem sits in the middle of the table and you go round each player as they turn one card over (the faster the better). Sometimes you are matching colours and sometimes you are matching the symbols on the card. For example if two people have green cards and one person grabs the totem the other person has to take the totem grabbers card. The aim of the game is to get rid of your cards first. Its good fun with small groups (about 6 people but you can play with more or less) and I have witnessed the totem flying across the room numerous times (and a few arguments). There are rules provided or you can also make your own up if you want to simplify it for younger children - although I think it is easy enough that they will be able to play the standard game. Adults can also add the element of alcohol and see the carnage that can happen! It seems easy but it is actually really difficult.

Highly recommended for all!
on 12 January 2016
Got this game for my niece for Christmas. Absolutely brilliant.
Great fun was had by all when we played this game.
Very addictive once you've played one game you'll want to play more!
Card packs are also available to increase the deck. Although not really need.
Definitely recommended
on 4 February 2016
A friend brought this to a weekend away once and everyone LOVED it. It's really fun and a great thing to play either with family over Christmas or with friends for a games & drinks night - just make sure you enforce the 'who has most of their hand on the totem' rule or things can get a bit rowdy! :)
on 21 January 2016
To play the game each player is dealt their hand of cards and the Totem pole is put in the middle of the playing surface. At each turn players must turn over their top card. If two cards are identical players must grab the Totem. The first player to grab the Totem gives their cards to the losing player. The first player to get rid of all of their cards is the winner. Along the way there are special cards that come up to change the gameplay adding more excitement!

The game is aimed at players aged 7+ and up to 10 players can play at one time. We took it slowly for the first game as our 3 year old daughter really wanted to join in. She understood the snap element but it took her a while to figure out she had to grab the pole too which meant for some tantrums! Our 7 year old son picked up the rules quickly and really enjoyed playing. I would say if you are playing with younger players it is a good idea to intentionally lose a hand every now and again if you don’t want the game turning into a full blown argument!

The box contains 80 cards, 1 Totem, a set of rules and a cloth bag for storage. The quality of the pieces was good and I really like that all of the items fit into the cloth bag making it the perfect game to take out and about with you as well as playing at home.

We have really enjoyed playing Jungle Speed together. It really is a great game for any family games night. As well as the arguments we had lots of fun and laughter too. I could see this being a great game to play with friends too.

I received this game in return for my honest blog review.
review image review image review image review image
on 20 October 2015
The rules are super simple and you can easily deal in late joiners.

You deal out all the cards and take turns to flip one card from your pile. If you spot a match, you race to grab the wooden totem.

I've been playing this for close to 5 years and it's a great game with easy rules.
on 26 July 2015
Bought this for my girl's 18th Birthday and her and her friends had (and still do have) so much fun with it. It is quite a rowdy game so if you don't like your children to be noisy avoid it, but if you love to see your children have fun you can't do much better. As an added bonus it improves hand-eye coordination and speed.
on 24 January 2015
I've played this game with some friends before and it's quite addictive. I would say it's a good way to find if your friends are really your friends hahahahah
Instructions: make sure you clean your table and everything around it because everything will fly! Make sure you sit comfortably and have space on the floor to roll in case of a fight. It's really good fun!