- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2017 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Edexcel International GCSE Physics Revision Guide with Online Edition (A*-G course) Paperback – 8 Jan 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- This physics guide has everything you need to get an A* in IGCSE physics, containing concise and well explained notes.
- Corny humour makes this book bearable, and for a Physics Guide, that is a difficult thing to achieve, especially when the subject matter is the dreaded Physics.
- Tests at the end of each section keep you on your toes, making sure you know your stuff. You may check this with the answers page at the back which explain in full how to reach the final answer
- Has all the equations on the front page, therefore it is easily accessible.
- Includes an online version, meaning you can access it anywhere after downloading it on your trusty computer or tablet.
- The contents page makes everything easy to find, making focusing on a particular topic all the more easy,
- Differentiates between double and triple science, meaning if you do double science, you don't get confused.
- Eye catching font, use of colour, pictures and shapes fights fatigue and aids concentration.
- Light and transportable.
- Not to be used as by itself, you need to engage with it by making notes or flashcards. If you don't engage with it, you won't learn a thing.
- You gain no exam paper experience by just reading this, you need to go through past papers too.
- No real exam structure advice here, if you want to learn how to answer questions properly, this book is not what you want.
- Doesn't tell you how to organise your time or go into detail with different ways to learn the details.
- Not a quick fix to not revising.
- Physics is the subject matter
^^^^ are not really problems with the book.
If you have studied well throughout the year and learned the concepts well, this guide is a great way to provide all the important info for your exam in a short space of time. I finished it in three sessions of about 1.5-2 hours each, and repeated it before I sat the next exam. It separates the extra info necessary for paper 2, so you don't study what you don't need before paper 1.
Overall, it's a concise, convenient guide for revision before the exam and provides you with all that you need to know for your IGCSE exam.
Should not be confused with GCSE though.
He had already gone through the syllabus once, so he required a book which allowed him to memorise all the important facts, experiments and definitions.
This book is concise enough (1,sometimes 2 pages per topic) to speed up revision while still being loaded with all the information needed to achieve an A* in Physics.
The books layout is great! The definitions, experiments and important pieces of information are highlighted in handy boxes, for easy recognition.
The revision summary which can be found at the end of each section has lots of questions to test your knowledge!
Unfortunately, only the questions marked with an asterisk have printed answers at the back. With the rest, you'll need to flick back through the pages to check your answer.
Every bit of the page is loaded with information, even the footers!
I also purchased the Edexcel Certificate / International GCSE Biology Revision Guide (with online edition) and Edexcel Certificate / International GCSE Chemistry Revision Guide (with online edition)
For exam style questions, I purchased these CGP books for Physics, Chemistry and Biology...
- Edexcel Certificate / International GCSE Chemistry Exam Practice Workbook (with ans & online edn)
- Edexcel Certificate / International GCSE Physics Exam Practice Workbook (with ans & online edn)
- Edexcel Certificate / International GCSE Biology Exam Practice Workbook (with ans & online edn)
The CGP exam practice workbooks's corroborate with the revision guide, so finding which topics you need more work on is easy.
There's also an exam paper at the back. Answers can be found online, with the code provided.
All in all a great revision guide!
If this review was in any way helpful, I'd appreciate a vote :)
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews