on 18 February 2015
For those currently studying Geography at A2, it is a good companion to revision, but it certainly should not be used in the same way as some other revision guides. It is not detailed enough, it gives a basic understanding and lacks specific details and data in regards to case studies. I found that other revision guides were much more detailed and effective. I used this simply to jog my memory before exams after in depth revision of specific case studies, which it is very useful for. However, it isn't a comprehensive revision tool. it is also far more useful for lower level students.
on 13 May 2017
Does what it says on the tin!
on 26 April 2017
Perfect for my son's revision
on 19 September 2010
I have bought both the AS books of this kind and they have both been excellent. My college sells them for £8.50 so I am making a bit of a saving on here. If you want an A*/A/B in your geography a level i strongly recommend getting one. They are a bit on the expensive side as they are A5 size and the ones for my other subjects are normally under £5 but i think they are worth the price as the extra information really helps.
Note: make sure you're on edexcel before buying because it's only for unit 3 edexcel
also, it says on here Congested Planet whereas the real title of this unit is Contested Plant but you can see that on the picture it's Amazon's mistake.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 June 2014
I am a lover of the CGP revision guides and only brought this book because CGP do not do an 'A2 Geography Edexcel' guide. It is more formal than CGP, more writing and formal. I ordered this book quite last minute and found I didn't have enough time to go through everything (but thats my own fault!). It is quite detailed and has lots of background and base knowledge on each section. It's relatively up to date and also has good practise questions with exampes of both good and bad answers - a part I found to be very useful! The only thing I would say is really lacking is case stadies. The book does not give many case studies, and any that it does give are in minimal detail. To effectively use this book you need to have built up lots of relevant case studies with your teacher throughout the year. The two combined will make for a good revision guide.
on 12 March 2011
This revision guide is excellent. It covers everything you need to know about each topic and includes possible synoptic links too. Case studies are present throughout and these are cushioned with the relevant theory. After purchasing this guide I attained 100% in this unit, THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL PURCHASE!
on 12 March 2010
If you're going Edexcel A2 Geography, then you definately want to buy it without shadow of a doubt, clear, precise and by the cheif examiner, buy it to pass
on 31 October 2009
This is a book that is very good for teachers and students preparing for Edexcel's new A2 level. It supplements material published in other textbooks and gives good guidance to candidates. I particularly like the commentary written by examiners about answers to selected questions.
on 4 June 2014
I found this book useful for find a few extra case studies [e.g. life straw as an example of technological leapfrogging] but I wouldn't advise using this book as the basis of your revision. It is quite brief at times and completely missing some important things. Looking over past exam questions you would not be able to score well having only used this book
on 12 February 2014
A good guide, and I am finding it very useful for revision at the moment. I particularly like the "knowledge check" questions, they're pretty good at making sure you actually understand it all. I would definitely recommend it to anyone studying Edexcel A2 Geography.